My fiance and I are getting married on Sept. 20 of this year. We want to honeymoon somewhere we have never been and started discussing somewhere out west- maybe Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc.
Were not big on super-touristy stuff (although its not out of the question) and we would ideally like to rent a private cabin with a hot tub outside- near mountains or somewhere else breathtaking. We are pretty outdoorsy people- want somewhere near things like horseback riding, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, maybe some kind of canyoning or something along those lines. It doesnt have to have ALL those things-- those are just ideas of things we would really like to do.
I am looking for suggestions on areas/companies/private persons to rent from- or even a really great lodge as long as there is still privacy. We are not opposed to suggestions in Tennessee or even Canada as well as the other states I mentioned. Please no international suggestions beyond Canada-- fiance isnt huge on over-ocean flights.
We would like to stay somewhere for a week- and ideally have the cost of lodging for that week be below $1500.
Ive never rented a cabin before and neither has he- but when we thought of the idea it just stuck and we havent been able to shake it! Hoping more experienced people can help us out here!
Cabin Honeymoon Out West
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 3 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 How to dress in Vegas
- 6 Dining in Manhattan
- 7 California & French Polynesia
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 12 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 13 St Patrick's renovations
- 14 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 From Seattle airport to the city
- 20 General Utah planning questions
- 21 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 22 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 23 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 New York City Christmas Trip