My fiance and I are getting married on Sept. 20 of this year. We want to honeymoon somewhere we have never been and started discussing somewhere out west- maybe Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc.
Were not big on super-touristy stuff (although its not out of the question) and we would ideally like to rent a private cabin with a hot tub outside- near mountains or somewhere else breathtaking. We are pretty outdoorsy people- want somewhere near things like horseback riding, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, maybe some kind of canyoning or something along those lines. It doesnt have to have ALL those things-- those are just ideas of things we would really like to do.
I am looking for suggestions on areas/companies/private persons to rent from- or even a really great lodge as long as there is still privacy. We are not opposed to suggestions in Tennessee or even Canada as well as the other states I mentioned. Please no international suggestions beyond Canada-- fiance isnt huge on over-ocean flights.
We would like to stay somewhere for a week- and ideally have the cost of lodging for that week be below $1500.
Ive never rented a cabin before and neither has he- but when we thought of the idea it just stuck and we havent been able to shake it! Hoping more experienced people can help us out here!
Cabin Honeymoon Out West
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California San Diego area lodging
- 2 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 3 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 4 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 8 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 9 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 10 Advice on Roadtrip
- 11 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 12 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 15 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 16 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 22 from Moab to Bryce
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 25 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle