My fiance and I are getting married on Sept. 20 of this year. We want to honeymoon somewhere we have never been and started discussing somewhere out west- maybe Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc.
Were not big on super-touristy stuff (although its not out of the question) and we would ideally like to rent a private cabin with a hot tub outside- near mountains or somewhere else breathtaking. We are pretty outdoorsy people- want somewhere near things like horseback riding, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, maybe some kind of canyoning or something along those lines. It doesnt have to have ALL those things-- those are just ideas of things we would really like to do.
I am looking for suggestions on areas/companies/private persons to rent from- or even a really great lodge as long as there is still privacy. We are not opposed to suggestions in Tennessee or even Canada as well as the other states I mentioned. Please no international suggestions beyond Canada-- fiance isnt huge on over-ocean flights.
We would like to stay somewhere for a week- and ideally have the cost of lodging for that week be below $1500.
Ive never rented a cabin before and neither has he- but when we thought of the idea it just stuck and we havent been able to shake it! Hoping more experienced people can help us out here!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 2 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 3 Lake Powell
- 4 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 5 Southwest US vacation help
- 6 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 7 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 8 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 9 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 10 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 11 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 12 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 13 Mississippi gulf coast
- 14 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 15 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 16 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 17 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 18 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 19 Sequoia National Park - Which airport
- 20 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 21 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 22 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 Harlem, NY
- 25 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan