My fiance and I are getting married on Sept. 20 of this year. We want to honeymoon somewhere we have never been and started discussing somewhere out west- maybe Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc.
Were not big on super-touristy stuff (although its not out of the question) and we would ideally like to rent a private cabin with a hot tub outside- near mountains or somewhere else breathtaking. We are pretty outdoorsy people- want somewhere near things like horseback riding, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, maybe some kind of canyoning or something along those lines. It doesnt have to have ALL those things-- those are just ideas of things we would really like to do.
I am looking for suggestions on areas/companies/private persons to rent from- or even a really great lodge as long as there is still privacy. We are not opposed to suggestions in Tennessee or even Canada as well as the other states I mentioned. Please no international suggestions beyond Canada-- fiance isnt huge on over-ocean flights.
We would like to stay somewhere for a week- and ideally have the cost of lodging for that week be below $1500.
Ive never rented a cabin before and neither has he- but when we thought of the idea it just stuck and we havent been able to shake it! Hoping more experienced people can help us out here!
Cabin Honeymoon Out West
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 4 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 5 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 6 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 7 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 8 Northwest USA
- 9 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 10 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 11 Self guided White House tour
- 12 Los Angeles day trips
- 13 middlebury vt snow
- 14 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 LA for a day and a half
- 17 Texas
- 18 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 19 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 20 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 21 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 22 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 23 Moving to CT
- 24 Hotels Philly
- 25 Drive down the West Coast 2015