My fiance and I are getting married on Sept. 20 of this year. We want to honeymoon somewhere we have never been and started discussing somewhere out west- maybe Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc.
Were not big on super-touristy stuff (although its not out of the question) and we would ideally like to rent a private cabin with a hot tub outside- near mountains or somewhere else breathtaking. We are pretty outdoorsy people- want somewhere near things like horseback riding, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, maybe some kind of canyoning or something along those lines. It doesnt have to have ALL those things-- those are just ideas of things we would really like to do.
I am looking for suggestions on areas/companies/private persons to rent from- or even a really great lodge as long as there is still privacy. We are not opposed to suggestions in Tennessee or even Canada as well as the other states I mentioned. Please no international suggestions beyond Canada-- fiance isnt huge on over-ocean flights.
We would like to stay somewhere for a week- and ideally have the cost of lodging for that week be below $1500.
Ive never rented a cabin before and neither has he- but when we thought of the idea it just stuck and we havent been able to shake it! Hoping more experienced people can help us out here!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 3 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 4 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 5 Rules of the NY Subway
- 6 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 7 Food Festival Tour
- 8 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 9 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 10 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 11 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 12 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 13 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 14 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 15 Dividing time in Glacier
- 16 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 17 My travels to Monument Valley
- 18 Miami for 2 days
- 19 Universal Studios vacation
- 20 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 21 San Antonio Grand Hyatt versus Marriott Riverwalk
- 22 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 23 1 more Minnesota location?
- 24 Loop Road Trip from Seattle
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days