My fiance and I are getting married on Sept. 20 of this year. We want to honeymoon somewhere we have never been and started discussing somewhere out west- maybe Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc.
Were not big on super-touristy stuff (although its not out of the question) and we would ideally like to rent a private cabin with a hot tub outside- near mountains or somewhere else breathtaking. We are pretty outdoorsy people- want somewhere near things like horseback riding, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, maybe some kind of canyoning or something along those lines. It doesnt have to have ALL those things-- those are just ideas of things we would really like to do.
I am looking for suggestions on areas/companies/private persons to rent from- or even a really great lodge as long as there is still privacy. We are not opposed to suggestions in Tennessee or even Canada as well as the other states I mentioned. Please no international suggestions beyond Canada-- fiance isnt huge on over-ocean flights.
We would like to stay somewhere for a week- and ideally have the cost of lodging for that week be below $1500.
Ive never rented a cabin before and neither has he- but when we thought of the idea it just stuck and we havent been able to shake it! Hoping more experienced people can help us out here!
Cabin Honeymoon Out West
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 2 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 3 Bring Distant Images to Life with Branded Binoculars and Scopes
- 4 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 5 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 6 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 7 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 8 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 9 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 12 Hawaii
- 13 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 14 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 15 River Cafe
- 16 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 17 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 20 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 21 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 22 Long Island Advice
- 23 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 24 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 25 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help