I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 2 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 3 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 4 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 5 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)
- 6 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 7 Can anyone recommend a caterer in Minneapolis?
- 8 Route 66
- 9 overnight flight....what kind of travel pillow and other tips
- 10 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 11 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 12 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 13 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 14 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 15 Long-Term parking options New Orleans Airport
- 16 Nome, AK to Serpentine Hot Springs in the Bering Land Bridge NP
- 17 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 18 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 19 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 20 Colorado itinerary
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 23 Hawaii wedding
- 24 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 25 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula