I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 2 Babymoon: NJ to Asheville, NC
- 3 Your favourite places in New York City
- 4 Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School in Plains, Georgia
- 5 Royal Kahana Maui
- 6 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 7 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 8 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 9 Trip Starting from New York
- 10 Mystic CT
- 11 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 12 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 13 Keep checking those car rental rates
- 14 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 15 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 16 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 17 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 18 September Travel
- 19 Parking in Boston
- 20 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 21 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 22 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 23 Road trip out west
- 24 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 25 Lake Chelan