I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
CA, San Luis Obispo to LAX in 3 days (after Yosemite)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod in early April
- 2 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 3 Backpacking in April
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 replica designer handbags
- 6 Portland Maine Hotels
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 9 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 10 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 11 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 12 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 13 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 14 united and carry-ons
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 25 Light hiking around Santa Barbara