I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 2 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 3 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 4 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 5 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 7 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 8 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 9 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 12 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 15 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 16 Summer trip
- 17 How many states have you been to?
- 18 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 19 Florida keys trip
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Route Planning for East USA
- 22 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 23 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...