I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 2 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 3 Downtown Chicago
- 4 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 5 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 6 Vasectomy Procedure Beverly Hills
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 11 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 12 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 13 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 14 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 15 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 16 Nashville Questions
- 17 Summer vacation
- 18 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 19 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 20 First Trip to Texas -
- 21 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 22 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 23 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Driving to Naples fl