I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle?
- 2 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 3 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 4 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 Airport Advice for GNP
- 7 Day trips from Boston
- 8 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 9 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 10 November redwoods trip
- 11 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 12 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 13 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 14 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 16 Southern history- walkable cities
- 17 Wedding gifts?
- 18 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 19 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 20 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 21 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 22 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 23 RV'ing from Texas to Carolinas for the fall colors...
- 24 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 25 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging