Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
By car to FL this month
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 2 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 3 Boston in winter?
- 4 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 5 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 6 san fran sightseeing
- 7 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 10 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 11 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 12 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 13 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 16 Colorado Skiing
- 17 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 18 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 19 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 20 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 21 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 22 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 23 charlotte
- 24 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 25 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?