Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
By car to FL this month
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san diego or nearby area
- 2 Clearwater FL area
- 3 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 4 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 5 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 6 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 7 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 8 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 11 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 12 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 13 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 14 Charleston, SC help
- 15 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 16 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 17 middlebury vt snow
- 18 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 19 Miami Marlins
- 20 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 21 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 22 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 23 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 24 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 25 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging