Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplements.com/alphadrox
- 2 Bodybuilding Devolved From Healthy Fitness Training
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 Alabama trip in Dec
- 5 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 6 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 7 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 8 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 9 SF and northern California - October
- 10 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 14 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 15 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 16 costco Big island
- 17 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 18 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 19 Which island for R&R?
- 20 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 21 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 22 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 23 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 24 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG