Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Quick road trip
- 3 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 Miami for 2 days
- 5 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 6 Oregon Coast road trip
- 7 More problems for Big Sur
- 8 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 9 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 10 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 11 Great Falls or Helena?
- 12 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 13 Boston area hotels
- 14 Santa Fe Itineray
- 15 How much cash do you travel with?
- 16 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 17 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 18 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 19 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 20 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 21 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)
- 22 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 23 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!