Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.xaddition.net/lumidaire
- 2 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 3 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 4 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 5 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 6 San Diego VRBO area
- 7 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 8 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 9 Glacier National Park 2018
- 10 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 11 Muir Woods in October
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 14 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 15 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 16 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 17 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 18 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 Colorado Shows Off
- 21 New England Tour
- 22 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 23 help me plan a Cali trip
- 24 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 25 10-hour MIA layover ideas?