Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 2 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 3 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 4 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 5 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 6 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 7 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 10 Oregon road trip
- 11 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 12 US Open Tennis
- 13 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 14 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 15 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 16 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 17 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.
- 18 conflicting restaurant reports
- 19 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 20 South Seattle to Sacrememto via San Fran! Help!
- 21 MOAB NP
- 22 DC for 3 hours
- 23 Visiting Miami
- 24 Trip help needed: Highway 1, Mendocino, Redwoods in October.
- 25 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??