Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Help
- 2 Wine Country
- 3 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 4 Renting a car with DWAI
- 5 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 6 San Francisco first visit.
- 7 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 8 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 9 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 12 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 13 Yellowstone in early May
- 14 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 15 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 16 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 17 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 18 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 19 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 20 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 21 Park City- handicapped
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 25 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui