Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Boston
- 2 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 3 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 4 1st trip to Colorado
- 5 Niagara Falls.
- 6 Trip Starting from New York
- 7 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 8 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 9 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 10 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 11 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 12 road trip during husbands bday
- 13 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 14 Juneau cruise stop
- 15 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 16 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 17 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 18 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 19 cruising the Mississippi river
- 20 Your favourite places in New York City
- 21 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 22 New England Canada Road Trip
- 23 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 24 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to