Just found this site, it's great. We will be driving from RI to FL later this month. We plan on two nites; we're both seniors and we've found it's better if we don't push it.
We are planning on 95 to NJ Tnpk and then back to 95.
We are shooting for ~500 miles/day.
On the last trip, about 18 months ago we hit horrible traffic south of DC. About a 3 hour delay. Just wondering if this is normal. It was just before Christmas.
Also, any suggestions places to stay along the way. I'd like to try to get to south Jersey so we'd be fresh for the Baltimore/DC area in the AM.
We'll be leaving on a thursday.
Any help or advise on the trip would be really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 2 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 3 Foliage in Vermont
- 4 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 5 las vegas anyone
- 6 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 7 Restaurant Help Needed
- 8 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 9 las vegas anyone
- 10 Finding Steve Perry
- 11 Grand Canyon
- 12 Washington DC
- 13 New England itinerary help
- 14 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 15 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 16 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 17 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 18 Columbia River Gorge
- 19 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 20 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 21 Photography trip from Denver to Vegas in 2 Days
- 22 Kona Village Resort Update.
- 23 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 24 Kanab
- 25 arizona and utah 14 night circle