I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October