I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 UK___+91-7073778243-divorce-problem-Solution-BabaJI -IN HydErabd
- 2 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 3 Kids Vacation Place
- 4 Boston waterfront Italian
- 5 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 6 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 7 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 8 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 9 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 10 Day in Spokane
- 11 Napa valley getaway
- 12 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 13 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 14 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 15 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 16 Desert Southwest
- 17 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 18 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 19 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Zion and Bryce in July
- 22 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 23 First time, Best business class?
- 24 What to pack
- 25 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016