I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthychatboard.com/testo-ultra-avis/
- 2 http://www.shaperich.com/proshred-elite-review/
- 3 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 4 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 5 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 8 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 9 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 Florida keys trip
- 12 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 15 Skagway
- 16 Retiring in NM?
- 17 Chicago to Charleston
- 18 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 19 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 20 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 21 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 22 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 23 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 24 Honeymoon out west.
- 25 New Orleans to Memphis and back