I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Trip in May
- 2 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 3 A week in NYC - first timers
- 4 DC -> Boulder
- 5 Wailea Restaurants?
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Rome/Florence
- 8 Colorado - Photography
- 9 Cross-country roadtrip in Oct/Nov. SUV or full-size?
- 10 Where to stay in NYC
- 11 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 12 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 14 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 15 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 16 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 17 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 18 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 19 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 20 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 21 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 22 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 23 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 24 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 25 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..