I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 3 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 4 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 5 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 6 New Hampshire
- 7 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 8 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 First Trip to Texas -
- 11 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 12 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 13 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 14 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 15 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 16 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 17 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 18 Beaches in Florida
- 19 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 20 Nashville Questions
- 21 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Downtown Chicago
- 24 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 25 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin