I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 4 Days in Mass.
- 3 Any Recent Travelers on I 80 in Iowa and Nebraska
- 4 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 5 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 6 Help with vegas to phoenix national parks roadtrip in november
- 7 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 11 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 12 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 13 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 14 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 15 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 16 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 17 Hawaii with older parents
- 18 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 19 Uber availability on Long Island
- 20 Fort Myers Area
- 21 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 22 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 23 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 24 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 25 One night one day in dallas accommodation