I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 4 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 5 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 6 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 7 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 8 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 9 DC - WW2 flyover
- 10 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 11 New York City-New Things?
- 12 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 13 Camping Generator!?
- 14 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 15 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 16 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 20 Things to do in La Jolla
- 21 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 22 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 25 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do