I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 2 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 3 NBA tickets??
- 4 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 5 How to dress in Vegas
- 6 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 11 Orlando for Work
- 12 camaro hire in waikiki
- 13 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 14 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 15 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 16 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 17 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 18 charlotte
- 19 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 Sonoma or napa?
- 22 USA trip
- 23 Black Hills Trip Report
- 24 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 25 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?