I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 2 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 5 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 6 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 7 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 8 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 9 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 10 Help with driving East to West
- 11 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 12 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 13 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 14 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 15 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 16 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 17 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 18 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 19 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 20 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 21 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 22 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 23 Trail Ridge Road info please
- 24 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 25 Santa Barbara/Ojai?