I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 2 resort hotel in downtown San Diego
- 3 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 4 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 5 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 6 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 7 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 8 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 9 Pittsburgh Trip
- 10 10 days in Arizona
- 11 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 12 Parking fine
- 13 Berkshires with a toddler
- 14 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 15 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 16 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 17 My Maine Trip Report
- 18 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 19 hilicopter tour oahu
- 20 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 21 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 22 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 23 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 24 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 25 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy