I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 3 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 4 Northern California Gardens.
- 5 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 6 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 7 Hawaii wedding
- 8 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 9 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 10 Route 66
- 11 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 12 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 13 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 14 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 15 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 16 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 17 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 18 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 19 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 20 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 21 Florida with a 2 year old
- 22 Train from east cost to west coast
- 23 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 24 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 25 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport