I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 2 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 3 Hotels Philly
- 4 Cross Country RV Trip
- 5 Texas
- 6 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 7 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 8 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 9 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 10 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 11 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 14 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 15 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 16 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 17 Northern California in February
- 18 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 19 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 20 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 21 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 22 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 23 New England September
- 24 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!