I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 2 New Orleans and Slidell
- 3 Pacific coast road trip
- 4 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 5 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 8 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 9 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 10 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 11 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 12 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 13 Back From Alaska
- 14 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 15 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 16 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 17 Two days out of Seattle
- 18 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 19 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 20 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 22 Maine
- 23 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 24 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?