I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NJ to Florida drive
- 2 DC Metro Closures
- 3 Best time to visit alaska
- 4 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 5 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 6 Moab UT Accommendations
- 7 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 8 Grade 12 subjects
- 9 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 10 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 11 A week in NYC - first timers
- 12 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 13 Advise on trip
- 14 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 15 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 16 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 17 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 18 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 19 6 week West USA Family driving trip
- 20 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 21 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 22 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 23 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 24 Sedona
- 25 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM