I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 2 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 3 NYC with wheelchair
- 4 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 5 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 6 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 7 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 8 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 9 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 10 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 11 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 12 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 13 Western U.S. Road trip
- 14 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 15 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 16 Martha's Vineyard area
- 17 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 18 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 19 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 20 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 21 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 22 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 23 Returned from Sedona
- 24 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 25 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites