I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancementshop.info/max-testo-Xl/
- 2 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 3 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 4 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 5 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 6 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 7 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 8 Yellowstone
- 9 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 10 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 11 Redwoods National Park
- 12 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 13 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 14 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 15 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 16 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 17 New Mexico in May
- 18 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 19 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 20 Traveling Alone
- 21 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 22 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 23 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 24 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre