I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with limited time
- 2 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 3 Your favourite places in New York City
- 4 Steamboat in August
- 5 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 6 Hotels in San Diego
- 7 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 8 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 9 Cape cod Labor Day
- 10 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 11 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 12 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 13 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 14 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 15 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 16 US Open Tennis
- 17 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 18 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 19 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 20 Grand Teton Questions
- 21 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 22 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 23 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 24 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 25 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine