I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How To Make More Max Synapse By Doing Less
- 2 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 IAH to HOU Questions
- 5 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 6 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 7 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 8 Ideas for New York
- 9 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 10 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 Jazzfest side trips
- 13 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 14 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 17 San Francisco transit options
- 18 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 19 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 20 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 21 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 22 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 23 Great OR beach house locations?
- 24 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 25 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66