I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 2 California San Diego area lodging
- 3 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 4 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 5 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 6 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 7 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 10 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 11 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 Utah 2
- 14 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 17 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 18 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 19 Kauai Garden tours
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 22 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 23 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 24 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 25 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston