I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary opinions
- 2 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 3 Calgary to Banff
- 4 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 7 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 8 Mesa Verde
- 9 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 10 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 11 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 12 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 13 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 14 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 culpepper
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 23 An RV trip along the coast
- 24 NYC 1St Time
- 25 NEW YORK CITY!!!