I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Bryce Canyon/Zion areas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego grocery stores
- 2 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 3 Best places to move to Florida?
- 4 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 5 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Locker at JFK
- 8 Question about Miami travel
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 11 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 12 Key Largo, FL
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 15 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 16 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 20 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 21 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 22 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks