I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safety Concerns
- 2 Which benefits are comes after using Nucific BIO X4?
- 3 Get You Greater Muscles
- 4 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 5 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 6 Partial Knee Replacement Los Angeles
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 9 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 10 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 11 fort lauderdale
- 12 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 13 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 14 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 15 Redwood National Forest
- 16 What to do in San Diego
- 17 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 18 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 19 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 20 First Trip to Texas -
- 21 5 days in Colorado
- 22 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 23 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 24 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 25 Reading re the Northern Parks?