I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 2 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 3 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 4 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 5 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 6 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 7 Coffee in Boston?
- 8 Nashville Never Been
- 9 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 10 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 11 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 12 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 13 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 14 Traveling in winter
- 15 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 16 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 17 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 18 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 19 New orleans recs for family
- 20 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 21 Later Winter around Mobile
- 22 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 23 Uber boston
- 24 Florida keys trip
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO