This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 2 your favorite city USA?
- 3 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 4 Help with driving East to West
- 5 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Pacific coast road trip
- 8 Two days out of Seattle
- 9 Senior Travel Helper
- 10 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 11 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 12 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 13 South Carolina
- 14 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 15 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 16 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 17 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 18 Austin with Kids
- 19 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 20 Austin Getaway
- 21 Maine
- 22 Driving From Florida to Maryland
- 23 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 24 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 25 Alcatraz Tour Tickets - Resell or cancel possible?