This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Bryce and Zion National Parks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando for Work
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 5 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 6 How to dress in Vegas
- 7 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 8 charlotte
- 9 USA trip
- 10 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 NBA tickets??
- 13 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 14 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 15 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 16 camaro hire in waikiki
- 17 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 18 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 19 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 20 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 23 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 24 Sonoma or napa?
- 25 Black Hills Trip Report