This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Bryce and Zion National Parks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 New England Family Trip - August
- 3 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 4 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 5 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 6 Cell phone service in Moab
- 7 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 8 Zion the narrows
- 9 Advice on Roadtrip
- 10 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 11 Seattle Transportation??
- 12 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 13 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 14 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 19 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 20 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 21 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 22 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 23 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 24 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 25 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary