This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 2 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 3 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 4 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 5 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 6 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 7 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 8 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 9 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 10 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 11 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 12 October New England Honeymoon??
- 13 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 14 Zion National Park
- 15 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 16 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 17 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 18 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 19 What to do in Asheville
- 20 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 21 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 22 Denver to Yellowstone
- 23 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 24 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 25 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?