This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 코리아레이스 ★ 도메인 : 【_bbk89.com_】♥과천경마
- 2 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 3 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 4 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 5 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 6 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 7 Ohio to NYC
- 8 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 9 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 10 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 11 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 12 4 days road trip southern New England
- 13 Philly Itinerary Help
- 14 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 16 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 17 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 21 Boston with baby
- 22 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 23 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 24 Sacramento Hotel
- 25 USA family tour