This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 2 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 3 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 4 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 5 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 6 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 7 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 8 Lake Powell
- 9 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 10 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Harlem, NY
- 13 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 14 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 15 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 16 Glacier to Banff
- 17 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 18 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 19 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 20 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 21 NYC hotel/July
- 22 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 23 Portland Affordable Accommodations
- 24 Lodging choice: Custer State Park vs surrounding area
- 25 Yellowstone weather in late May