This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 2 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 3 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 4 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 5 San Diego VRBO area
- 6 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 7 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 8 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 9 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 10 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 11 Colorado Shows Off
- 12 New England Tour
- 13 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 14 help me plan a Cali trip
- 15 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 16 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 19 Wilmington DE questions
- 20 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 21 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 22 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 23 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 24 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 25 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?