This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reagan Library
- 2 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 3 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 4 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 5 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 6 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 7 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 8 Southern history- walkable cities
- 9 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 10 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 11 New Software
- 12 MOAB NP
- 13 JFK-connection
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 16 10 days vacation in Maine
- 17 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 18 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 19 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 20 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 21 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 22 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 23 san fransisco to crater lake
- 24 Family reunion ideas
- 25 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental