This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Bryce and Zion National Parks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 Richmond highlights?
- 6 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 7 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 8 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 11 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 12 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 13 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 14 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 15 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 18 Breckenridge in October
- 19 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 20 Washington DC in Spring?
- 21 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 22 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 23 Must Eats
- 24 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 25 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC