This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement/
- 2 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 3 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 4 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 5 Day Tripping in Florida Keys
- 6 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 7 http://www.tenedonlineshop.com/derma-vibrance/
- 8 Derma Vibrance Skin Serum
- 9 http://newhealthsupplement.com/exoslim/
- 10 International transferring planes at CDG
- 11 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 12 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 15 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 16 blue ridge parkway?
- 17 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 18 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 19 San Diego, mission valley
- 20 First Trip to New Mexico
- 21 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 22 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 23 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 24 November redwoods trip
- 25 Charleston - how long to stay?