This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reset BROTHER SETUP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 PRINTER d*j
- 2 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 3 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 4 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 5 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 6 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 7 Big Sur Help!!
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 10 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 11 Rules of the NY Subway
- 12 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 13 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 14 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 15 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 18 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 19 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 20 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 21 Las Vegas trip report
- 22 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 23 10 Days in Maine
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?