This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 2 Special Rate for LGA
- 3 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 4 Itinerary help please - Monterey & Sonoma
- 5 Jazzfest side trips
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 8 Miami
- 9 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 10 Back from the Big Easy
- 11 Driving Alaska
- 12 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 13 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 15 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 16 March in New Mexico
- 17 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 18 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 19 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 20 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 21 Border crossing
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 24 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 25 Yellowstone Hikes questions