This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 2 November redwoods trip
- 3 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 4 First Trip to New Mexico
- 5 ExoSlim is such a great weight loss option
- 6 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 7 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 8 Layover
- 9 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 10 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 11 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 12 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 13 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 14 Wedding gifts?
- 15 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 16 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 17 Seattle?
- 18 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 19 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 20 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 21 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 22 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 23 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 24 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 25 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January