This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 2 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 3 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 4 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 5 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 6 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 7 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 8 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 9 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 10 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 11 Summer trip
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 14 Florida keys trip
- 15 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 16 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 17 Route Planning for East USA
- 18 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 19 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 22 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 25 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming