This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Bryce and Zion National Parks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 8 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 9 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 10 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 16 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 17 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 18 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 22 Door County Suggestions
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 25 Summer trip in New England (15 days)