This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://basiccleanseplus.com/garcinia-thin-secret/
- 2 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 3 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 NYC For The Day
- 7 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 8 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 9 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 10 JFK Terminal 8
- 11 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 12 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 13 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 14 California Trip
- 15 Atlanta With Toddler
- 16 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 17 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 18 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 19 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 20 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 21 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 22 AR State Parks
- 23 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 24 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 25 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!