This message is the first of many that I'll be posting on the U.S. forums because my husband and I are planning a long trip to the States in the spring. I'm sure all you Fodorites will help me out like in the past (in the European forums)!
We're in our 60's and love travelling. Unfortunately, my husband had a stroke a year and a half ago - he's recovered but he won't be up to driving long distances and I can't do it on my own. We want to go to Las Vegas and travel in the area to Zion and Bryce parks (at least).
Does anyone have experience with the bus tours? We don't want an in-and-out tour of two days. Is there any other way of getting there besides renting a car? Are there shuttles in the parks that take you to the highlights in the parks? Are there trails that would suit somebody with more limited ability? (He can walk but not for hours and not difficult terrain.)
I'd hate to give up this part of the trip because I've heard how beautiful these parks are. I also know that we have to reserve months in advance. We are also considering the Grand Canyon (but that's another forum.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 4 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 5 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 6 Our Boston Getaway
- 7 Nashville Questions
- 8 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 9 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
- 10 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 11 40th in Key West
- 12 Beaches in Florida
- 13 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 14 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 15 Downtown Chicago
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 Disney for Florida residents
- 18 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 19 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 20 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 21 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 22 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016