We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 2 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 3 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 4 seattle-portland place to stay
- 5 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 6 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 7 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 8 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 9 Cape Cod -ideas eats ,activity, ferry to BOS
- 10 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 11 Alaska cruise one way and drive?
- 12 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 13 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 14 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 15 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 16 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 17 Orlando -Zika
- 18 lobster rumor
- 19 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 20 Alamo convertible
- 21 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 22 Tour of Colorado and NM
- 23 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 24 Transfer from Anchorage to Seward
- 25 Fall Foilage Trip