We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 2 Steamboat in August
- 3 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 4 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 5 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 6 Napa Valley Hotel
- 7 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 8 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 9 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 12 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 13 Christmas Napa Valley
- 14 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 15 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 16 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 Phone SIM
- 19 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 20 Las vegas +21
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 23 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 24 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 25 Limited time on Maui: Advice please