We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 2 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 3 road trip
- 4 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 5 FLL to Key West
- 6 New England Road Trip
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 9 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 10 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 11 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 12 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 13 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 14 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 15 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 16 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 17 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 18 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 20 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 21 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 22 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 23 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 24 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 25 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...