We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Breckenridge v Avon v East/West Vail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Alaska
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles