We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Breckenridge v Avon v East/West Vail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 2 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 5 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 New Orleans help please
- 9 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 12 los angeles restaurants
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 19 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 22 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 25 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts