We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Breckenridge v Avon v East/West Vail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 Kennebunkport and....?
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 10 Travel West Coast
- 11 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 12 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 13 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 14 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Where to go in Maine?
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 21 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 22 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.