We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Breckenridge v Avon v East/West Vail
- 1 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 2 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 3 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 4 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 5 San Antonio
- 6 Hotel near Public Theater
- 7 hotel near Met NYC
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 10 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 11 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Oahu Information
- 15 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Warm and don't Drive
- 18 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 19 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 One day in Washington DC
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 25 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?