We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Breckenridge v Avon v East/West Vail
- 1 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 2 Cape Cod, Nuntucket or Martha's Vineyard
- 3 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 4 Updates from Hanalei
- 5 Best Art Museum to visit for first time visitors to DC
- 6 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 7 Columbus food !
- 8 Hotels in New Orleans
- 9 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 10 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 11 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 12 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 13 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 14 Logan Express
- 15 One day in NYC
- 16 Great Beach's
- 17 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 18 National Parks?
- 19 Death Valley in November
- 20 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 21 Blue ridge parkway
- 22 Minnesota State Fair
- 23 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 24 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 25 Best ice cream in Charleston