We are a young newly married Australian couple planning our honeymoon to ski in Colorado in Jan/Feb 2013. Our aim is to purchase the Epic Pass and ski the various resorts (and maybe even venture to Tahoe for a bit at the end). We are looking to stay in one place for 6 weeks, and are being pulled between (1) Avon (2) East/West Vail (3) Breckenridge.
We want to be accessible to nightlife, so we don't get too bored on non ski days. We will have a car, but prefer to be without at nights.
My husband is a boarder, and I ski. Both of us are intermediates and not the most confident!
Can anyone recommend where would be best? From what I understand Avon has some stuff around, but very quiet, but great access to BC. East/West Vail is very quiet, but 8-10 minutes from Vail Village. Breckenridge appears more accessible?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 4 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 5 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 6 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Road trip around Washington DC
- 9 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 10 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 11 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 12 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 15 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 16 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 17 California Trip
- 18 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 19 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 22 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 23 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 24 Weather in Chicago
- 25 Utah trip Itinerary