We will be staying at the Westin St Francis at Union Sq. We are frugal people so we won't be splurging on room service for breakfast. Are there any places nearby where I can get take-out for breakfast? I don't mind running down the street to pick up some coffee, muffins/scones etc and bring them back to the room, so we can pretend we're having room service breakfast. I checked Peets website and the closest branch is at Powell/Market. There must be some other bakeries that are closer?
Also, we are invited to our friends' place for dinner, and we're going to bring dessert. Are there any good places near Union Sq that have good cakes or pies? Our plan for earlier that day is doing one or 2 walking tours in the city (mostly in the Financial District area). I don't mind venturing a bit farther for great dessert, provided it's a short ride on public transit.
Lastly, what are the DO NOT MISSes at Ferry Building? Last time I went with my mom on Sat, we were so overwhelmed by the farmers market that we didn't spend much time at the regular shops inside.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 2 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 3 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 4 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 5 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 6 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 7 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 8 Another Great DC Trip
- 9 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 10 Novel in Progress
- 11 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 12 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 13 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 14 Short Notice
- 15 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 16 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 17 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 18 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 19 Inn at Key West
- 20 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 21 Black History Museum
- 22 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 23 Chicago 2017
- 24 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 25 arizona rte 66
Breakfast & Bakery options near Union Square San Francisco?