We will be staying at the Westin St Francis at Union Sq. We are frugal people so we won't be splurging on room service for breakfast. Are there any places nearby where I can get take-out for breakfast? I don't mind running down the street to pick up some coffee, muffins/scones etc and bring them back to the room, so we can pretend we're having room service breakfast. I checked Peets website and the closest branch is at Powell/Market. There must be some other bakeries that are closer?
Also, we are invited to our friends' place for dinner, and we're going to bring dessert. Are there any good places near Union Sq that have good cakes or pies? Our plan for earlier that day is doing one or 2 walking tours in the city (mostly in the Financial District area). I don't mind venturing a bit farther for great dessert, provided it's a short ride on public transit.
Lastly, what are the DO NOT MISSes at Ferry Building? Last time I went with my mom on Sat, we were so overwhelmed by the farmers market that we didn't spend much time at the regular shops inside.
Breakfast & Bakery options near Union Square San Francisco?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach