We will be in Yellowstone the first week of June. Since we have seen nothing of Montana except Gardiner and GNP, we thought we would take a day to drive from the Old Faithful area to Virginia City and Nevada City, then go to Bozeman for the night. Originally thought we'd take 191 back to W. Y'stone, then drive over to Canyon, where we're spending the next two nights. But I've been thinking since 89 is also marked on the map as a scenic road, maybe we could drive to Livingston and come back that way, through Mammoth. We wouldn't mind spend a couple of hours at Mammoth (despite disappointment in '08 at how much it had dried up since '03) and probably wouldn't get up there otherwise since we're planning to concentrate on other parts of the park. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about the two roads. I assume if we have some snow, 191 would be the safer road. Other than that, is either decidedly more scenic than the other or is 89 extremely scary to drive? (Scarier than Rt. 12 from Torrey to Escalante, for instance.)
Bozeman to Y'stone - Hwy 191 or Hwy 89?
- 1 Help me make a scentific research about American sheriffs
- 2 Around North America (cruise)
- 3 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 4 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 5 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 8 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 11 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 12 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 13 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 14 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 15 Boston and surrounding area
- 16 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 17 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 18 Newport, RI Questions
- 19 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 20 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 22 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 23 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 24 Using public transit in San Diego
- 25 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)