We'd like to have a family reunion in the Boundary Waters area and don't have a clue where to start. We want to be able to canoe and fish, but can't go out with an outfitter since we'll have small children with us. A large cabin or individual ones would be best...maybe on a lake? There will be 8 adults and 8 children, ranging from 2 1/2 to 16. I'd read about houseboat rentals a while back but think that may be an issue with the little ones.
We've never been to the area before so don't know where to start. Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Itinerary
- 2 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 3 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 4 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 5 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 6 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 7 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 8 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 9 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 10 Uber boston
- 11 What is there to do on MAUI
- 12 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 14 Any Sanibel experts?
- 15 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 16 Hawaii Help
- 17 Summer in Michigan
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 19 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 20 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 21 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 22 Rafting the Colorado
- 23 Glacier National Park
- 24 5 nights stay RMNP
- 25 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York