We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 3 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 4 Locker at JFK
- 5 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 6 San Diego grocery stores
- 7 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 8 Best places to move to Florida?
- 9 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 12 Question about Miami travel
- 13 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 14 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 15 Key Largo, FL
- 16 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 17 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 18 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days