We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 2 Getaway
- 3 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 4 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 5 Yosemite Lodging
- 6 Temecula Winery Tours
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Fairbanks Alaska
- 9 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 12 What's new on Maui?
- 13 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 14 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 15 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 16 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 17 Broadway choices
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Colorado aspen updates
- 20 New England Skiing
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 25 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier