We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 2 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 3 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 6 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 7 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 8 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 9 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 10 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 11 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 12 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 13 USA Round trip 2018
- 14 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 17 Daytona Beach and ??
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 San Diego Public Transportation
- 22 Things to do around New York
- 23 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 24 Salt Lake City
- 25 Beach holiday with baby