We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 2 Help with first time
- 3 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 4 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 5 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 6 Discounted Rental Car?
- 7 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 8 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 9 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 10 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 11 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 12 BYOB in New York City
- 13 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 14 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 15 Inexpensive family getaways
- 16 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 17 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 18 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 19 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 20 New York best app
- 21 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 22 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 23 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 24 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 25 Hawaii Cruise