We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 6 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 7 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 12 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 13 Weekend in NYC
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 15 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 16 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 17 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 20 Breckenridge in October
- 21 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 22 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 23 Richmond highlights?
- 24 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 25 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness