We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Santa Barbara, California
- 4 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 5 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 6 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 7 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 10 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 11 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 12 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 13 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 14 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 20 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 24 Yosemite Fire
- 25 Lodging - Yosemite