We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sell Cvv, Dumps Track 1&2, Plastic cards and Transfer WU
- 2 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 3 Houston in September
- 4 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 5 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 6 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 7 late-night DC restaurant
- 8 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 9 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 10 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 11 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 12 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 13 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 16 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 17 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 18 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 19 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 20 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 21 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 22 Oahu ideas
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 25 cape cod seashore rail trail