We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 2 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 3 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 4 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 5 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 6 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 7 First Trip to New Mexico
- 8 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 9 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 10 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 11 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 12 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 San Antonio shopping
- 15 Which island for R&R?
- 16 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 17 blue ridge parkway?
- 18 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 19 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 20 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 23 San Diego, mission valley
- 24 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 25 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver