We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 2 Denver to Yellowstone
- 3 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 6 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 7 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 8 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 9 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 10 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 11 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 12 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 13 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 14 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 15 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 16 hotel in NYC
- 17 Wanted: Two beds, charming place NOLA
- 18 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 19 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 20 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 21 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 22 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 23 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 24 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 25 October New England Honeymoon??