We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 3 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 7 NY State Assembly Internship
- 8 Grand Canyon
- 9 San Francisco and Napa
- 10 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 11 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 12 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 13 White Christmas
- 14 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 15 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 16 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 17 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 18 Midway point
- 19 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 20 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 21 New York City
- 22 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 23 Relocating to the Deep South
- 24 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 25 Arlington funeral plans