We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 Arlington funeral plans
- 4 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 8 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 9 destin resorts
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 12 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 13 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 14 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 15 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 16 Relocating to the Deep South
- 17 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 18 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 19 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 20 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 21 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 22 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 23 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 24 Airfares in the 1970's
- 25 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride