We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 2 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Help us choose a hotel
- 5 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 8 Staying outside DC
- 9 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 10 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 11 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 14 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 15 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 16 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 17 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 18 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 19 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 20 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 21 New York in December
- 22 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 23 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 24 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 25 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?