We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 2 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 3 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 4 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 5 Southwest US
- 6 First time visit to California
- 7 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 8 Event Planner
- 9 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 10 Reno GTG?
- 11 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 12 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 13 Lake Powell
- 14 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 15 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 16 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 17 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 18 Car Rental in Sedona
- 19 Las Vegas show
- 20 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 21 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 22 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 23 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 24 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 25 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver