We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 2 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 15 New York City Restaurants
- 16 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 19 Maui vacation
- 20 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 21 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 22 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 23 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 WISCONSIN