We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 2 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 5 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 6 Dining in D.C.
- 7 San Fransisco to LA
- 8 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 9 Jersey City Parking
- 10 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 16 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 17 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 18 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 19 Washington DC Metro
- 20 Kennebunkport and....?
- 21 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 22 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 23 Where to go in Maine?
- 24 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 25 Wedding in Hawaii