We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 2 Parking in Naples Florida
- 3 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 4 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 5 San Antonio, Texas
- 6 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 7 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 8 Boston Airport Hotels
- 9 Nashville Never Been
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 12 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 13 Uber boston
- 14 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 15 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 16 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 17 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 18 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 19 Colorado Itinerary
- 20 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 21 What is there to do on MAUI
- 22 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 23 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 24 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914