We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 2 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 8 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 9 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 10 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 11 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 12 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 13 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Door County Suggestions
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 19 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 20 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 25 Salt Lake City, Utah