We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 4 United Nations tours
- 5 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 6 Amish
- 7 national/state park in November
- 8 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 9 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 Hilton Head restaurants
- 13 Cayo Costa State Park
- 14 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Cross Country NH to WA
- 17 Road trip October
- 18 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Road Trip
- 21 2 months in Hawaii!
- 22 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 23 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 24 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 25 San Fransisco hotel