We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 2 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 3 NBA tickets??
- 4 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 5 How to dress in Vegas
- 6 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 11 Orlando for Work
- 12 camaro hire in waikiki
- 13 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 14 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 15 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 16 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 17 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 18 charlotte
- 19 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 Sonoma or napa?
- 22 USA trip
- 23 Black Hills Trip Report
- 24 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 25 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?