We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 3 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Hawaii is still Hell
- 6 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 7 Maui - Haleakala
- 8 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 10 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 11 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 12 Vegas in mid may
- 13 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 14 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 15 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 16 Texas for art and history lovers
- 17 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 18 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 19 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 20 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 21 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 22 Which FL town is best?
- 23 Disney World resort vacation at the Carribean Beach
- 24 Texas
- 25 planning a trip to US