We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 2 Retiring to Tucson
- 3 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 4 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 5 Utah National Parks visit
- 6 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 7 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 8 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 9 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 12 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 13 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 14 Hotel in Reno
- 15 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 17 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 18 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 19 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 20 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 21 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 22 10 days vacation in California
- 23 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 24 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 25 roadtrip sfo - seattle