We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 2 What is timeshare in spiritual sense.
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Finding flights and hotels globally
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Is the New York subway safe?
- 7 Skiing New Mexico
- 8 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 9 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 11 Where to from Tampa?
- 12 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 13 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 14 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 19 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please