We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 2 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 3 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 4 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 5 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 6 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 7 New England September
- 8 NYC taxi vs car service
- 9 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 10 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 11 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 12 Austin Food Trucks
- 13 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 14 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 15 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 16 searching for urban master planned community
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 Condos near Disney World
- 19 family celebration trip
- 20 Deep South sept 2015
- 21 Hawaii Group Travel
- 22 New York To Ashville NC
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 Fmpden, are you there?
- 25 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?