We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 hotel near Met NYC
- 3 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 4 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 7 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 8 Judo in California?
- 9 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 10 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 11 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 12 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 15 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 18 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 23 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 First time to Austin-San Antonio area