We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tour companies
- 2 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 3 San Diego with Kids
- 4 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 5 San Francisco - mid October
- 6 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 7 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 8 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 9 Cape Cod
- 10 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 11 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 12 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 13 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 14 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 15 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 16 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 17 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 18 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 19 Getting around the Big Island
- 20 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 21 best of yellowstone
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 New York Yankee Station