We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 2 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 6 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 7 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 8 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 9 los angeles restaurants
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 13 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 14 NW Houston restaurant help
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 18 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 19 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 22 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 23 charleston during Christmas Week
- 24 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 25 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again