We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 2 Highway 1 motels
- 3 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 4 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 7 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 8 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 9 driving from LA to Portland
- 10 Places to stay in TX...?
- 11 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 12 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 13 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 14 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 15 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 16 Silverthorne
- 17 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 18 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 19 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 20 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 21 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 11 days SE coast road trip
- 24 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 25 Getting around in NYC