We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 2 Backpacking in April
- 3 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 4 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 7 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 8 Four days in DC
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 11 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 12 3 nights in Nashville
- 13 One Night at Logan Airport
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Please help with itinerary
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Circle Oahu / luau
- 21 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 24 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 25 Visiting Paso Robles wine country