We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 4 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 5 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 6 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 7 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 8 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 9 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 10 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 11 Western U.S. Road trip
- 12 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 13 Martha's Vineyard area
- 14 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 15 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 16 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 17 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 18 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 19 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 20 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 21 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 22 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 23 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 24 4 Days in Maui
- 25 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?