We are making our first trip to the States at the end of December, and will be in Boston from 2 Jan to 5 Jan, and will then be travelling to NY by train. The Acela seems to be 45 mins quicker, but much more expensive than the North East regional. Is it worth the premium ? On the North East regional is there a significant difference between "economy" and "business class".
As a second question, are there any areas that are more suitable to stay at the time of year (winter). We are not really used to the cold, and I am a little worried that I'm going to hate it because of the weather, but we won't visit the States for a while yet and Boston is definitely on my must see list ....
Thanks for the help.
Boston to NY - Acela or NorthEast regional
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 8 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 9 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 12 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 13 Warm and don't Drive
- 14 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 15 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 16 Rockport, MA dining?
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 Princeville in January
- 19 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 22 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla