We will be driving through New England this summer to ultimately end at Lake Winnepesaukee. My husband and I and our 3 boys, ages 9, 11, 14. Basically this "tour" begins in Mystic, Conn. where we plan to overnight and see the aquarium and Seaport. From there we will head to Plymouth, MA and spend 2-3 nights. Want to see Plimoth Plantation and Mayflower and anything else recommended? So far all of these sites I visited as a kid and loved and now want to take my kids. From there, however, I'm a newbie. I'm looking for places to stop that will be fun for us all. We have visited Boston before, so I am looking to skip over any time in the city. Should we go all the way to Acadia or just end in Southern Maine for a beach night or 2? Any unique activities that are more than just museums, etc? We have a week to get from Mystic to Lake W. Any and all suggestions welcome!
Boston to Maine - Where to Stop with Kids?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 8 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 9 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 A day in Dallas
- 14 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 15 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Door County Suggestions
- 18 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 19 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 20 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 21 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 22 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 23 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings