We will be driving through New England this summer to ultimately end at Lake Winnepesaukee. My husband and I and our 3 boys, ages 9, 11, 14. Basically this "tour" begins in Mystic, Conn. where we plan to overnight and see the aquarium and Seaport. From there we will head to Plymouth, MA and spend 2-3 nights. Want to see Plimoth Plantation and Mayflower and anything else recommended? So far all of these sites I visited as a kid and loved and now want to take my kids. From there, however, I'm a newbie. I'm looking for places to stop that will be fun for us all. We have visited Boston before, so I am looking to skip over any time in the city. Should we go all the way to Acadia or just end in Southern Maine for a beach night or 2? Any unique activities that are more than just museums, etc? We have a week to get from Mystic to Lake W. Any and all suggestions welcome!
Boston to Maine - Where to Stop with Kids?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 2 Check List for a Sri Lankan Wedding
- 3 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 4 Dim Sum and Pho in San Francisco
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 8 Use of an iPad in France
- 9 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Boston/Fenway park
- 20 California self drive trip
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 10 day trip to California