My husband and I are flying to Boston this weekend. Our only reservation is near the airport the night we fly in. We reserved a rental car and plan to drive the coast to Maine. We prefer sightseeing and nature over shopping and city life. I prefer NOT to pack up and sleep in a different place every night, thinking of settling in a neutral area for appox. 4 nights that would allow us to see many areas and still have time relaxing at a "home away from home" in the evenings. Any suggestions for what area to stay? What we shouldn't miss? Should we reserve before or take a chance of finding somewhere to stay once we are there? Trying to get the most of our limited time without using our energy on nonstop activities or wasting time finding where to stay or what to see next. We are active Cajuns from southern Louisiana, we love to EAT, visit, bike, sightsee, walk and enjoy a refreshing drink on the patio!! Love to see water but he is not a beach guy, thinking a cruise tour to bailey island or to see lighthouses. Is there time for Martha's vineyard or Nantucket or should we just skip them for a later date? Our flight out is 4pm Boston, where should we stay our last night before driving to the airport? Any suggestions appreciated
Boston to Maine in June for 7 days. Suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 4 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 5 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 6 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 7 New York City-New Things?
- 8 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 9 Alaska Trip Planning
- 10 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 13 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 16 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 17 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 DC - WW2 flyover
- 20 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 21 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 22 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 23 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 24 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 25 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip