My husband and I are flying to Boston this weekend. Our only reservation is near the airport the night we fly in. We reserved a rental car and plan to drive the coast to Maine. We prefer sightseeing and nature over shopping and city life. I prefer NOT to pack up and sleep in a different place every night, thinking of settling in a neutral area for appox. 4 nights that would allow us to see many areas and still have time relaxing at a "home away from home" in the evenings. Any suggestions for what area to stay? What we shouldn't miss? Should we reserve before or take a chance of finding somewhere to stay once we are there? Trying to get the most of our limited time without using our energy on nonstop activities or wasting time finding where to stay or what to see next. We are active Cajuns from southern Louisiana, we love to EAT, visit, bike, sightsee, walk and enjoy a refreshing drink on the patio!! Love to see water but he is not a beach guy, thinking a cruise tour to bailey island or to see lighthouses. Is there time for Martha's vineyard or Nantucket or should we just skip them for a later date? Our flight out is 4pm Boston, where should we stay our last night before driving to the airport? Any suggestions appreciated
Boston to Maine in June for 7 days. Suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH