My husband and I are flying to Boston this weekend. Our only reservation is near the airport the night we fly in. We reserved a rental car and plan to drive the coast to Maine. We prefer sightseeing and nature over shopping and city life. I prefer NOT to pack up and sleep in a different place every night, thinking of settling in a neutral area for appox. 4 nights that would allow us to see many areas and still have time relaxing at a "home away from home" in the evenings. Any suggestions for what area to stay? What we shouldn't miss? Should we reserve before or take a chance of finding somewhere to stay once we are there? Trying to get the most of our limited time without using our energy on nonstop activities or wasting time finding where to stay or what to see next. We are active Cajuns from southern Louisiana, we love to EAT, visit, bike, sightsee, walk and enjoy a refreshing drink on the patio!! Love to see water but he is not a beach guy, thinking a cruise tour to bailey island or to see lighthouses. Is there time for Martha's vineyard or Nantucket or should we just skip them for a later date? Our flight out is 4pm Boston, where should we stay our last night before driving to the airport? Any suggestions appreciated
Boston to Maine in June for 7 days. Suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 4 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 5 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 8 Breckenridge in October
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Richmond highlights?
- 11 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 12 Washington DC in Spring?
- 13 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 16 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 17 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 18 Must Eats
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 21 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 22 Florida St George's Island
- 23 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 24 Union Square area restaurant
- 25 4 week family trip ideas