My husband and I are flying to Boston this weekend. Our only reservation is near the airport the night we fly in. We reserved a rental car and plan to drive the coast to Maine. We prefer sightseeing and nature over shopping and city life. I prefer NOT to pack up and sleep in a different place every night, thinking of settling in a neutral area for appox. 4 nights that would allow us to see many areas and still have time relaxing at a "home away from home" in the evenings. Any suggestions for what area to stay? What we shouldn't miss? Should we reserve before or take a chance of finding somewhere to stay once we are there? Trying to get the most of our limited time without using our energy on nonstop activities or wasting time finding where to stay or what to see next. We are active Cajuns from southern Louisiana, we love to EAT, visit, bike, sightsee, walk and enjoy a refreshing drink on the patio!! Love to see water but he is not a beach guy, thinking a cruise tour to bailey island or to see lighthouses. Is there time for Martha's vineyard or Nantucket or should we just skip them for a later date? Our flight out is 4pm Boston, where should we stay our last night before driving to the airport? Any suggestions appreciated
Boston to Maine in June for 7 days. Suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK Airport
- 2 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 3 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 4 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 5 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 6 Marco Island
- 7 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 8 things to do near Arches National Park
- 9 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 10 Arches National Park in a day
- 11 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 12 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 15 EX-LAX
- 16 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 17 Best place to see Redwoods in December
- 18 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 19 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 20 Broadway choices
- 21 N California trip questions
- 22 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 23 My Book of Mormon review
- 24 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 25 Las Vegas, North Rim and Zion