My husband and I are flying to Boston this weekend. Our only reservation is near the airport the night we fly in. We reserved a rental car and plan to drive the coast to Maine. We prefer sightseeing and nature over shopping and city life. I prefer NOT to pack up and sleep in a different place every night, thinking of settling in a neutral area for appox. 4 nights that would allow us to see many areas and still have time relaxing at a "home away from home" in the evenings. Any suggestions for what area to stay? What we shouldn't miss? Should we reserve before or take a chance of finding somewhere to stay once we are there? Trying to get the most of our limited time without using our energy on nonstop activities or wasting time finding where to stay or what to see next. We are active Cajuns from southern Louisiana, we love to EAT, visit, bike, sightsee, walk and enjoy a refreshing drink on the patio!! Love to see water but he is not a beach guy, thinking a cruise tour to bailey island or to see lighthouses. Is there time for Martha's vineyard or Nantucket or should we just skip them for a later date? Our flight out is 4pm Boston, where should we stay our last night before driving to the airport? Any suggestions appreciated
Boston to Maine in June for 7 days. Suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara, California
- 2 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Considering a move to Raleigh/Durham...most family friendly areas?
- 5 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 6 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 7 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 8 Chicago trip
- 9 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 10 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 13 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 14 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 15 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 16 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 17 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 18 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 21 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 22 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 23 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 24 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 25 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)