My husband and I are flying to Boston this weekend. Our only reservation is near the airport the night we fly in. We reserved a rental car and plan to drive the coast to Maine. We prefer sightseeing and nature over shopping and city life. I prefer NOT to pack up and sleep in a different place every night, thinking of settling in a neutral area for appox. 4 nights that would allow us to see many areas and still have time relaxing at a "home away from home" in the evenings. Any suggestions for what area to stay? What we shouldn't miss? Should we reserve before or take a chance of finding somewhere to stay once we are there? Trying to get the most of our limited time without using our energy on nonstop activities or wasting time finding where to stay or what to see next. We are active Cajuns from southern Louisiana, we love to EAT, visit, bike, sightsee, walk and enjoy a refreshing drink on the patio!! Love to see water but he is not a beach guy, thinking a cruise tour to bailey island or to see lighthouses. Is there time for Martha's vineyard or Nantucket or should we just skip them for a later date? Our flight out is 4pm Boston, where should we stay our last night before driving to the airport? Any suggestions appreciated
Boston to Maine in June for 7 days. Suggestions please
- 1 Samsung S5360 TFT capacitive touchscreen 256K
- 2 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 3 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 Washington Wineries
- 7 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 8 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 9 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 10 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 11 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 12 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 13 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 14 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 15 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 16 Memphis Tours
- 17 Please critique our plan...
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Gearhart Oregon
- 20 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 21 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 22 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 23 California, Northern
- 24 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 25 Best place to raise a family in Florida