I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana- what are must see places?
- 2 Sea world San Diego
- 3 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 6 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 7 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 8 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 9 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 10 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 11 Maui - Haleakala
- 12 Small group dining in Napa area
- 13 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 14 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 15 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 16 Utah restaurants
- 17 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 18 Kauai Garden tours
- 19 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 20 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 21 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 22 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 23 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 24 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 25 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)