I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 American Honeymoon in March
- 2 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 3 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 4 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 10 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 11 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 14 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 15 From Seattle airport to the city
- 16 Middle America in October
- 17 New York City Christmas Trip
- 18 visit to HIghLine
- 19 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 20 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 21 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 25 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go