I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 Temecula< CA
- 3 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 4 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 5 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 8 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 9 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 10 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 14 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 15 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 Transportation help in Philly
- 18 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 19 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 20 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 21 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 22 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 23 Hilton Midtown New York
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?