I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 2 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 3 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 4 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 5 louisiana bayou
- 6 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 7 Nova Star
- 8 Trip To Anchorage, Alaska
- 9 Getting from Denver International Airport to the city and other places
- 10 Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel?
- 11 4 Days in LV
- 12 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 13 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 14 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 15 October in Colorado
- 16 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 17 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 18 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 19 Hwy76 vs 70 to CO Springs
- 20 Visiting Cape Code, MA
- 21 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015
- 22 myrtle beach
- 23 Hilton Head
- 24 Napa winery tour that doesn't require walking? (Eldery person in our group)
- 25 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks