I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 3 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 4 Maui vacation
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 Brooklyn why?
- 8 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 15 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 16 WISCONSIN
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 21 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 22 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco