I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 2 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 5 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 6 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 7 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 8 Pub with food in Seattle
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 11 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 12 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 15 Santa Barbara, California
- 16 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 17 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 18 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 19 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 20 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 21 May visit to Denali
- 22 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 23 Best places to stay on drive from Houston to Los Angeles
- 24 Philly
- 25 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP