I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Worst Restaurants in America
- 4 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 5 Yosemite Lodging
- 6 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 7 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 9 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 10 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 11 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 12 What's new on Maui?
- 13 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 14 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 15 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 16 Colorado aspen updates
- 17 Tucson area flooding
- 18 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 20 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 21 Oregon Road Trip
- 22 Broadway choices
- 23 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 24 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 25 Moving to New Jersey