I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 2 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 3 Highway 1 motels
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 Mendocino Hiking
- 6 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 7 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 8 11 days SE coast road trip
- 9 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 12 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 13 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 14 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 15 Deep South sept 2015
- 16 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 17 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 18 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 19 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 20 Car Hire Alamo
- 21 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 22 International student, applying for school
- 23 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 24 Seattle - newby questions
- 25 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?