I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brother USA - Printers CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Brother Printer Solution
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 3 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 4 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 5 Las vegas and nearby
- 6 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 7 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 8 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 9 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 10 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 11 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 12 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 13 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 14 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 16 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 17 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 18 Orlando area weather in June
- 19 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 20 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 21 New Itinerary
- 22 Help with Northwest Trip
- 23 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 24 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 25 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences