I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 3 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 4 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 5 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 6 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 7 limited mobility for Savannah
- 8 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 9 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 10 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 Northwest Passage
- 13 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 14 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 15 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 16 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 17 Northwest Car Trip
- 18 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 19 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 20 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 21 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 22 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 23 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 24 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 25 Maui Bed and Breakfast