I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling with an infant
- 2 Relocating to Washington DC
- 3 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 4 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 5 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 6 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 7 Acadia National Park
- 8 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 9 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 10 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 11 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 From Newark to Manhattan
- 14 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 15 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 16 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 17 Monument Valley
- 18 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 19 driving RT 66
- 20 once in a lifetime
- 21 North California/South Oregon
- 22 Hotels Houston
- 23 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 24 Birthday vacation ideas
- 25 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA