I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 2 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 3 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 4 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 5 Coronado Ferry
- 6 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 7 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 8 Maine in latter half of September
- 9 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 10 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 11 Colorado trip
- 12 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 13 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 14 DC - WW2 flyover
- 15 Colorado trip in early May
- 16 Cape cod and Acadia
- 17 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 18 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 19 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 20 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 21 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 22 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 23 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 24 First visit in New Mexico
- 25 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel