I'm travelling to the East Coast with my boyfriend in a few weeks. We are there for 2 weeks and currently plotting our route. We know a few things we definately want (Halloween in NYC, Election Night in Wash DC) but we have a couple of gaps and I'd love your advice.
This is our current plan:
27 - 30th Oct: Boston
30th - free night
31st - 5th Nov: NYC
5th - free night
6th - 10th : Washington DC
We are currently planning on getting the Amtrak between the 3 cities. However if needs be we can get a car as and when we need it. I'm not intending to keep a car in the cities though.
Basically my questions are:
1. Is there anywhere we should definitely head to between Boston and New York for a night on the 30th? Is Rhode Island worth a trip?
2. Is 5 nights in Washington DC too long?
3. We have 5th free - I was thinking we could do a night in Philadelphia or Baltimore. It seems a shame to not drop in and see what they are like, but I don't know if we need a night. We could go to Wash earlier and do those at the end or beginning and end - pretty flexible. Or is there somewhere better round there you would suggest.
Many thanks for any tips. I am looking at lots of old topics for suggestions too.
Boston / New York / Wash DC Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 2 Fall color yet?
- 3 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 4 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 5 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 6 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 7 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 8 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 9 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 10 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 11 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 12 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 13 Colorado aspen updates
- 14 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 15 Looking for Next Destination
- 16 Yosemite Lodging
- 17 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 18 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 19 Worst Restaurants in America
- 20 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 21 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 SFO International Airport
- 24 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 25 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee