Restaurants : Can't be French (on low fat diet), but want good food, good wine selection. Doesn't have to be fancy, just genuine. No chains - looking for that "unique to Boston" experience. For instance there was one place I read about last year where you need to reserve about a month in advance. Seafood makes sense to me in Boston, but open to almost anything.
Music/performances : Love the blues, most jazz, plus rock and classical. Was disappointed by my timing, missing Fall Out Boy, Fleetwood Mac, Bruno Mars, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rihanna, Ben Harper, Iron and Wine, Charles Bradley ... well, that gives you an idea of what I'm up for. Add in modern dance, comedy, slam poetry, but please, no opera.
TIA - R.
Boston May 18-21/13 : Restaurants and music/performances
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 2 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 3 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 4 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 5 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 8 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 9 Where to from Tampa?
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Is the New York subway safe?
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 22 Skiing New Mexico
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014