Restaurants : Can't be French (on low fat diet), but want good food, good wine selection. Doesn't have to be fancy, just genuine. No chains - looking for that "unique to Boston" experience. For instance there was one place I read about last year where you need to reserve about a month in advance. Seafood makes sense to me in Boston, but open to almost anything.
Music/performances : Love the blues, most jazz, plus rock and classical. Was disappointed by my timing, missing Fall Out Boy, Fleetwood Mac, Bruno Mars, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rihanna, Ben Harper, Iron and Wine, Charles Bradley ... well, that gives you an idea of what I'm up for. Add in modern dance, comedy, slam poetry, but please, no opera.
TIA - R.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many states have you been to?
- 2 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 3 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 4 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 5 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 6 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 7 Florida keys trip
- 8 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 9 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 10 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 11 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 12 Skagway
- 13 Retiring in NM?
- 14 Chicago to Charleston
- 15 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 19 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 20 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 21 Honeymoon out west.
- 22 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 23 Route Planning for East USA
- 24 Utah National Parks visit
- 25 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?