We are planning on going to Boston/New England for two weeks in the fall - probably Sept. 25 - Oct. 9.
I'm in the initial planning stages and have questions on timeframe/itinerary.
Although my husband is from the east coast (PA), I've never been to New England and am very excited.
I know it's a little early for foliage so any advice is much appreciated as we would like to see as much color as possible.
We'll be flying into Boston - or possibly Manchester, NH - from Arizona, and will have a car when we're not in Boston.
I'm thinking that after we land, we'll get our car and drive to:
Maine - 2 nights
New Hampshire - 2 nights
Vermont - 2 nights
Connecticut (we have a friend in Woodstock) - 2 nights
end up in Boston (4 nights)
Can someone comment on this and maybe help me fill in the blanks as far as where we should stay in each state, stops, etc? The number of nights in each place can change, as can the direction we're driving.
Again, at this point, I'm trying to get a general plan so I can make our plane reservations.
Thanks in advance!
Boston + Fall Foliage - need itinerary planning help!!
- 1 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 5 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 6 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 7 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 8 RIP Judy Rogers
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 11 Boston area
- 12 Savanah Sojourn
- 13 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 14 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 18 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 21 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 22 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 23 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 24 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 25 Warm and don't Drive