I am going to Boston Aug 8-11 and would like to see the Cape or Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. I have read thru the archive and most people do not recommend trying to do this in a day trip from Boston especially on the weekend bcs of traffic, parking and lines. Others said it was doable and made reference to a "fast" ferry from Boston to Provincetown. What is doable and what is the best town or island to see?? I would love to see the whales and hang out in a nice little town that has neat shops and good food. We will have a rental car.
Thank you for your help!!
Boston day trip recommendations needed
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Door County
- 3 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 4 Help with NYC transit
- 5 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 6 Boston Area College Tour
- 7 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 8 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 9 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 10 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 build a nice website
- 13 Red Leather Sofa
- 14 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 15 Albuquerque to Denver
- 16 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 17 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 18 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 19 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 20 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 Williamsburg VA
- 23 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 24 A Visit to Charleston
- 25 Restos in Boca Raton