We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 2 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 3 AR State Parks
- 4 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 5 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 6 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 7 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 8 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 9 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 10 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 11 9-10 day trip to WA
- 12 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 13 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 14 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 15 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 16 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 17 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 18 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 19 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 20 Atlanta With Toddler
- 21 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 22 NYC For The Day
- 23 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 24 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 25 Senior citizens traveling as groupl