We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY
- 2 jfk car service
- 3 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Relocating to the Deep South
- 6 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 7 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 10 Budget NYC hotel
- 11 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 12 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 13 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 14 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 15 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 16 San Francisco and Napa
- 17 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 18 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 19 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 20 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 21 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 22 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 23 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 24 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 25 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January