We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EX: CANON PRINTER T3c*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1~855/999 *8045Printer 24/7
- 2 Rules of the NY Subway
- 3 vermont lake
- 4 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 5 How to do 3 days around North Cascades National Park?
- 6 Where to stay at Grand Wailea & Grand Hyatt
- 7 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 8 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 9 Seward without a car
- 10 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 11 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 12 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 13 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 14 flagstaff
- 15 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 16 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 17 sugestions
- 18 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 19 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 20 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 21 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 22 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 23 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 24 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 25 Driving from FLL to Key West