We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ferry to Nantucket
- 2 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 3 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 4 Sedona - Jeep Tours
- 5 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 6 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 7 48 Hours in NYC
- 8 Another question about hawaii
- 9 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 10 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 11 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 12 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 13 Hawk's
- 14 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 15 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 16 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 17 Broadway show tickets
- 18 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 19 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 20 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 21 BYOB in New York City
- 22 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 23 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 24 Travel from Juneau to Sitka or Skagway
- 25 Key West, FL