We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Boston Area recommendation - Mom and 16 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 3 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 4 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 5 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 6 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Boston/Fenway park
- 11 California self drive trip
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 14 Timeshare Nightmares
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 19 Drive along the Columbia River
- 20 Wine Country Picnic
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,