We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 It is best for your body
- 2 DC restaurant report
- 3 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 4 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 5 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 6 Neue Galerie
- 7 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 8 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 9 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 10 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 11 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 12 Arizona in winter
- 13 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 14 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 15 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 16 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 17 Arizona in late January
- 18 A Few Days in Asheville
- 19 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 20 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 21 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 22 Key West
- 23 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 24 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 25 moving to Florida