We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 2 Miami
- 3 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 4 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 5 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 6 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 7 March in New Mexico
- 8 buy tank tops
- 9 Driving Alaska
- 10 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 11 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 12 Back from the Big Easy
- 13 Border crossing
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 16 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 17 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 18 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 19 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 20 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 21 Cross country tips
- 22 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 23 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 24 Ideas for New York
- 25 Parka in PA during February?