We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://garciniacambogiasensationblog.com/intellex-plus/
- 2 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 3 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 4 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 How many states have you been to?
- 8 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 9 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 12 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 13 Route Planning for East USA
- 14 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 15 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 16 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 17 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 18 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 19 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 20 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 21 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 22 Skagway
- 23 Retiring in NM?
- 24 Chicago to Charleston
- 25 Amtrack: Denver to California?