We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 2 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 3 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 4 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 5 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 6 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 7 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 8 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 9 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 10 Western U.S. Road trip
- 11 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 12 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 13 Martha's Vineyard area
- 14 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 17 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 18 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 19 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 20 Returned from Sedona
- 21 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 22 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 23 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 24 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 25 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field