We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Boston Area recommendation - Mom and 16 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san fran sightseeing
- 2 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 3 American Honeymoon in March
- 4 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 5 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 6 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 7 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 8 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 9 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 10 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 11 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 12 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 13 Colorado Skiing
- 14 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 15 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 16 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 17 Boston in winter?
- 18 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 19 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 20 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 21 charlotte
- 22 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 23 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 24 New York City in April
- 25 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper