We are going on a college visit the first week in October. Flying into Boston late on a Wed. night - we don't land until 11:30 pm.
Would like to spend the night in Boston that night - see Boston (neither my 16 year old or I have been to Boston) on Thursday...
This is where it gets a little messy, the visit in scheduled @ Gordon University on Friday, October 4th. We need to be on campus @ 8:30 am on Friday for a full day of a visit. I understand it is about :40 minutes from the city (I assume that is with no traffic).
Wondering if we should drive out of the city on Thursday night and stay at a hotel closer to the campus to eliminate stress but would like to enjoy Boston as much as possible? On the Gordon Website there are recommended areas to stay... in Peabody or Danville.
So questions are:
Transportation from BOS to Boston City (knowing we land at 11:30 pm - rental car as we will need one on Friday/Sat)
looking for hotel recommendation - try to stay at Marriotts due to having points
Leave on Thursday night - stay closer to school ? or get up early and head out? (prefer not to move hotels if possible???)
Drive back to Boston after visit on Friday? Day ends about 3:30 pm/4:00...
Fly out of BOS on Sat around 3:00 pm.....I do not have any more time due to work constraints.
Restaurants? Cool areas? My daughter is sort of "hipster" bookwormish, biology major to be ...wants to pursue medicine, pescetarian...
Thanks in advance!!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 2 USA family tour
- 3 Philly Itinerary Help
- 4 http://www.healthprev.com/green-relief-now/
- 5 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 6 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 7 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 8 4 days road trip southern New England
- 9 If you are healthcare an harm,
- 10 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 11 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 12 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 13 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 14 Best People Traffic Counters
- 15 trip out west horses and rafting
- 16 California road trip - RV/camping or hotels
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 19 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 20 Costco Travel
- 21 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 22 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 23 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 24 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 25 Country Walkers