We're flying to Minneapolis next month to take Amtrak's Empire Builder to Glacier National Park. The plane arrives around 3:30 P.M., and the train departs at 11:15 P.M. We'd like to see a little of Minneapolis and get a nice meal before we board the train. What are the logistics involved with this, especially considering that we'll have luggage with us? Should we go to the train station first to store luggage (do they have storage facilities?), how do we get there from the airport, how do we get downtown from the train station, what should we see in our very brief visit, where should we eat dinner (we'll be casually but neatly dressed), etc.? Much obliged for any information and suggestions.
Boarding the Empire Builder in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 2 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Oahu ideas
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 7 San Diego grocery stores
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 West Coast Bound End of March
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 14 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 15 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 16 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 17 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 18 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 19 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Juneau May 8th
- 23 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles