We're flying to Minneapolis next month to take Amtrak's Empire Builder to Glacier National Park. The plane arrives around 3:30 P.M., and the train departs at 11:15 P.M. We'd like to see a little of Minneapolis and get a nice meal before we board the train. What are the logistics involved with this, especially considering that we'll have luggage with us? Should we go to the train station first to store luggage (do they have storage facilities?), how do we get there from the airport, how do we get downtown from the train station, what should we see in our very brief visit, where should we eat dinner (we'll be casually but neatly dressed), etc.? Much obliged for any information and suggestions.
Boarding the Empire Builder in Minneapolis
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Question about Boulder area
- 3 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 4 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 5 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 6 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 7 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 8 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 Vero Beach FL
- 11 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 12 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 13 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 14 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 15 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 18 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 19 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 20 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 21 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?