We're flying to Minneapolis next month to take Amtrak's Empire Builder to Glacier National Park. The plane arrives around 3:30 P.M., and the train departs at 11:15 P.M. We'd like to see a little of Minneapolis and get a nice meal before we board the train. What are the logistics involved with this, especially considering that we'll have luggage with us? Should we go to the train station first to store luggage (do they have storage facilities?), how do we get there from the airport, how do we get downtown from the train station, what should we see in our very brief visit, where should we eat dinner (we'll be casually but neatly dressed), etc.? Much obliged for any information and suggestions.
Boarding the Empire Builder in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 2 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 6 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 7 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 8 Newport Restaurants
- 9 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 10 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 11 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 12 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 13 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 14 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 15 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 16 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 17 West Coast to Indianapolis
- 18 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 19 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 20 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 21 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 22 Oahu
- 23 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 San Diego with Kids