We're flying to Minneapolis next month to take Amtrak's Empire Builder to Glacier National Park. The plane arrives around 3:30 P.M., and the train departs at 11:15 P.M. We'd like to see a little of Minneapolis and get a nice meal before we board the train. What are the logistics involved with this, especially considering that we'll have luggage with us? Should we go to the train station first to store luggage (do they have storage facilities?), how do we get there from the airport, how do we get downtown from the train station, what should we see in our very brief visit, where should we eat dinner (we'll be casually but neatly dressed), etc.? Much obliged for any information and suggestions.
Boarding the Empire Builder in Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH