We're planning to travel from the North Carolina border to the end of the Parkway near Front Royal. What do you think about # of days, given we want to do some hikes ?
Given # of days, which towns best to stay for accommodations on the northward drive?
B&B's and motels are both fine.
Thanks for any ideas. Appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC restaurant report
- 2 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 3 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 4 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 5 A Few Days in Asheville
- 6 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 7 Arizona in late January
- 8 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 9 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 10 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 11 Key West
- 12 Arizona in winter
- 13 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 14 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 15 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 16 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 17 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 18 moving to Florida
- 19 Neue Galerie
- 20 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 21 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 22 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 23 national park during thanksgiving
- 24 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 25 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime