We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 2 Utah 2
- 3 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 6 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 7 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 8 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail
- 9 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 10 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 11 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 12 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 13 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 14 Where to stay in Boston and how to get to Stowe
- 15 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 19 Sea world San Diego
- 20 Seattle in April
- 21 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 Maui - Haleakala
- 24 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 25 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!