We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 2 ONP help
- 3 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 4 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 7 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 8 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 9 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 10 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 12 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Road Tour in Usa
- 15 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 16 So you love handbags!
- 17 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 18 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 19 replica designer handbags
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 24 Re-Visit DC
- 25 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls