We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 2 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 3 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 4 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 5 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 6 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 7 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 8 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 9 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 10 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 11 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 12 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 13 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 14 First Trip to New Orleans
- 15 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 16 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 17 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 18 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 19 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 20 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 21 Michigan advice needed
- 22 Nova Star
- 23 One day in Dallas
- 24 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 25 Quick trip intp Manhattan from JFK