We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 2 Planning a trip to US Dec16/Jan 17.
- 3 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 4 3 capes scenic loop and lodging
- 5 NYC Trip report
- 6 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 7 AirBnB..Seattle..would you advise this for your Grandmother?
- 8 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 9 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 10 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 11 Travel Blog
- 12 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 13 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 14 Itinerary Critique
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 17 A week in NYC - first timers
- 18 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 19 Canon beach lodging
- 20 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 21 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 22 FLA testing the waters
- 23 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 24 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 25 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH