We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 1 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 2 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 3 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 4 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 7 Vero Beach FL
- 8 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 9 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 10 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 11 Question about Boulder area
- 12 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 13 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 14 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 15 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 18 San Antonio
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 21 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 22 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 23 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 24 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 25 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question