We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Exploring Some of Oregon and Washington
- 2 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 3 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 4 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 5 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 6 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 7 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 10 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 11 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 12 Hilton Midtown New York
- 13 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 14 Tour companies
- 15 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 16 Round trip from Chicago
- 17 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 18 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 19 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 20 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 21 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 22 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 23 Apartment Rentals DC
- 24 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 25 10 days in Big Island and Kauai