We'd appreciate your ideas on how to reduce the driving time for the following drive
bearing in mind our interests. In other words, with such a long drive in a relatively short time what parts would you suggest we LEAVE OUT. (obviously taking a quicker route).
Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains inclusive and in that order from 25th to 29th October. (4 full days)
We LOVE scenic drives, and our main interests are LIVE MUSIC and WILDLIFE. Culture and Civil War is also of interest, (not starting one you understand, just interested in the one 'you guys' had all those years ago!).
We are UNABLE TO HIKE, (unless that 'hike' is short and on flat terrain, in which case I would call it a walk ! [I really MUST learn how to to enter 'smileys'!])
Anyway, that's a LOT of driving, even for us.
HELP! What's can we leave out (& for that matter what's a must stop& see).
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 2 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 3 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 4 Tucson area flooding
- 5 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 6 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 7 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 9 California
- 10 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 11 Christmas in TX
- 12 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 13 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 14 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 15 Oregon Road Trip
- 16 Long Island Advice
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 19 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 20 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 21 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 22 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 23 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 24 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 25 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)