We are going to the Blue Ridge Parkway in Sept. We have been to this area several times but I am stuck on one area. We are spending one night in Asheville, then going on to Blowing Rock for 3 nights. We have been to Peaks of Otter several times so we want something different. We have been to Charlottesville, do not want to go back there. Is there any other place several hours out of Blowing Rock that we might visit and stay for two nights? We want to look at scenery and hike. We want to stay as close as we can to the parkway. We have to drive back to Asheville our last day, to fly out the next day. Any help would be appreciated.
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 3 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 4 san fran sightseeing
- 5 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 6 Boston in winter?
- 7 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 8 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 9 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 10 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 11 New York City in April
- 12 Baytown, Texas
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Moving from VA to CT
- 15 New Orleans pictures
- 16 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 17 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 18 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 22 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 25 Manhattan Marriott Property December