We are going to the Blue Ridge Parkway in Sept. We have been to this area several times but I am stuck on one area. We are spending one night in Asheville, then going on to Blowing Rock for 3 nights. We have been to Peaks of Otter several times so we want something different. We have been to Charlottesville, do not want to go back there. Is there any other place several hours out of Blowing Rock that we might visit and stay for two nights? We want to look at scenery and hike. We want to stay as close as we can to the parkway. We have to drive back to Asheville our last day, to fly out the next day. Any help would be appreciated.
Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 2 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 3 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 4 Dinner in Miami
- 5 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 6 Orlando to Savannah
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 14 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 17 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 18 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 Christmas weather?
- 25 Big island itinerary