Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://livestream.com/accounts/19258681/holm-vs-shevchenko-live-online
- 2 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 3 Hotels in San Diego
- 4 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 5 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 6 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 7 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-xtx/
- 8 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 9 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 10 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 11 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 12 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 13 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 14 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 15 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 16 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 19 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 20 Oregon road trip
- 21 US Open Tennis
- 22 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 23 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 24 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.
- 25 conflicting restaurant reports