Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Subway
- 2 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 3 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 4 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 5 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 6 Your favourite places in New York City
- 7 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 8 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 9 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 10 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 11 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 12 Grand American Road Trip!
- 13 Orlando - condoleances
- 14 Coco Palms on Kauai
- 15 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 16 1st trip to Colorado
- 17 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 18 Road trip out west
- 19 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 20 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 21 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 22 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 23 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 24 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 25 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area