Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ESET @antivirus Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 4 Metropolitan Movers Newmarket GTA North
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 A great gift for various occasions
- 7 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 10 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 11 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 12 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 13 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 14 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 15 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 16 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 17 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 18 road trip
- 19 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 20 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 21 Florida in October
- 22 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 23 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 24 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 25 FLL to Key West