Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 2 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 3 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 4 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 5 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 6 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 7 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 8 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 9 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 10 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 11 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 12 MO road trip itinerary
- 13 Around New Orleans
- 14 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 15 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 16 Visiting New York State
- 17 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 18 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 19 Nashville restaurants
- 20 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 21 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 22 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 23 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 Late winter road trip Deep South