Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Blue Ridge Parkway Driving Time
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Key Largo, FL
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Death Valley in June
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 San Diego grocery stores
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii