Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Blue Ridge Parkway Driving Time
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 2 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 5 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 From Seattle airport to the city
- 9 Middle America in October
- 10 New York City Christmas Trip
- 11 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 12 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 13 visit to HIghLine
- 14 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 15 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 16 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 17 Colorado Skiing
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 20 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 21 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 22 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 23 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 24 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 25 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?