Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 2 Train from east cost to west coast
- 3 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 4 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Arches or Zion?
- 7 Route 66
- 8 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 9 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 10 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 11 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 12 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 13 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 14 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 15 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 16 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 17 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 18 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 19 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 20 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 21 Northern California Gardens.
- 22 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 23 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 24 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)
- 25 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley