Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 2 Houston MetroRail
- 3 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 4 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 5 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 6 Road trip around Washington DC
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 Dining in St. Louis
- 10 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 11 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 14 Weather in Chicago
- 15 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 16 Help me with this
- 17 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 18 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 19 New Orleans
- 20 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 21 Oregon road trip
- 22 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 23 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 24 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 25 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!