Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 4 Parka in PA during February?
- 5 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Cross country tips
- 8 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Driving Alaska
- 11 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 14 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 15 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 16 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 17 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 18 Ideas for New York
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 23 IAH to HOU Questions
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico