Planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. We're driving there and back from DC. We'd love to drive the whole stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville on the way down, but are having trouble determining exactly how long it will take. We have two and a half days to drive there and plan on camping two nights along the way. Has anyone driven this route in full? Can we drive the whole Parkway comfortably (with time to stop and hike) in about 2 days, or should we use the interstate, pick one spot on the Pkwy to camp at for both nights, and drive only part of the road? (The way back will be just by interstate, most likely.)
Thanks for any help you can give!
Blue Ridge Parkway Driving Time
- 1 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 2 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 RIP Judy Rogers
- 5 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 6 Warm and don't Drive
- 7 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 8 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 9 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 15 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 16 Princeville in January
- 17 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 18 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 19 pa to az
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 Savanah Sojourn
- 22 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 23 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?