We love the ocean and in the fall we have visited coastal Maine several times. Block Island, RI has been suggested to me as a place that is just as pretty, but warmer! We don't know much about it at all, so would appreciate all comments/advice. Where to stay? What to do? Where to eat? Do people bring their cars to the island? We like good views, good food, good wine. (I hear there are some wineries there, but can't find information on line- a good winery would be a plus!) Any local Art Galleries? Don't want to spend a ton of money; but want to stay in a nice place. I appreciate a good value- I would think that in the fall some "deals" could be had.
Block Island - Fall Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 2 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 3 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 4 Question About Sealodge
- 5 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 6 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 7 Yosemite Lodging
- 8 Worst Restaurants in America
- 9 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 10 Fairbanks Alaska
- 11 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 12 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 13 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 14 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 15 Getaway
- 16 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 17 New England Skiing
- 18 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 19 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 20 Temecula Winery Tours
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 23 What's new on Maui?
- 24 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park