My wife and I are planning on taking a driving trip from St. Paul, MN to the Black Hills area with our daughter (6) and son (3). I have read some of the links on this site and they have been helpful. First, we are looking for a decent hotel that would be large enough to accommodate the four of us. Second, what are the top 5 or more sites that would be great for mom and dad (of course), but the kids would enjoy as well? Finally, we are looking to go from August 6 through August 9 (Thursday through Sunday). Is it too short to take a trip such as this? It may be possible to go on the 5th. Any other insights would be helpful.
black hills driving trip with young children (6 and 3)
View all United States activity »
- 1 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 4 Fripp island
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 7 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 8 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 9 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 10 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 11 Where should I move to?
- 12 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 13 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 16 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013