My wife and I are planning on taking a driving trip from St. Paul, MN to the Black Hills area with our daughter (6) and son (3). I have read some of the links on this site and they have been helpful. First, we are looking for a decent hotel that would be large enough to accommodate the four of us. Second, what are the top 5 or more sites that would be great for mom and dad (of course), but the kids would enjoy as well? Finally, we are looking to go from August 6 through August 9 (Thursday through Sunday). Is it too short to take a trip such as this? It may be possible to go on the 5th. Any other insights would be helpful.
black hills driving trip with young children (6 and 3)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 5 Travel West Coast
- 6 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 7 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Wine Country Picnic
- 10 Washington DC Metro
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 Road trip through the south
- 13 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 Myrtle Beach
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving