We're leaving for the Black Hills of South Dakota in 10 days or so, and we're trying to narrow down all that there is to do in the area. It's my husband and I and our son and daughter, both age 11.
We're staying in Keystone for five nights. We are definitely planning on: Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Mammoth Site, Badlands (on the way in), Wind Cave, and Custer State Park. Is the buffalo jeep tour worth it in Custer SP, or will we get enough wildlife doing our own driving in the park? What hikes in the park would you recommend?
Also, what other activities in the area should we do? Any restaurants worth especially seeking out (that are kid-friendly)? Thanks.
Black Hills -- what should we definitely not miss?
- 1 RIP Judy Rogers
- 2 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 5 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 6 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 7 Warm and don't Drive
- 8 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 9 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 10 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 11 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 12 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 hotel near Met NYC
- 15 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 16 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 19 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 20 pa to az
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?