We're leaving for the Black Hills of South Dakota in 10 days or so, and we're trying to narrow down all that there is to do in the area. It's my husband and I and our son and daughter, both age 11.
We're staying in Keystone for five nights. We are definitely planning on: Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Mammoth Site, Badlands (on the way in), Wind Cave, and Custer State Park. Is the buffalo jeep tour worth it in Custer SP, or will we get enough wildlife doing our own driving in the park? What hikes in the park would you recommend?
Also, what other activities in the area should we do? Any restaurants worth especially seeking out (that are kid-friendly)? Thanks.
Black Hills -- what should we definitely not miss?
- 1 Trying To Find a Place
- 2 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 3 One day in NYC
- 4 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 5 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 6 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 7 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 8 Key West at Christmas time
- 9 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 10 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 11 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 12 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 13 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 14 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 15 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 16 Columbus food !
- 17 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 18 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 19 Updates from Hanalei
- 20 Holiday Parade/Pearl Harbor Day Parade Questions
- 21 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 22 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 23 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 24 Blue ridge parkway
- 25 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!