Planning our first USA trip with 12 and 16 yo kids (2 weeks 17 April to 3 May) For them the main attractions would be NY and Orlando, but we'd like to include some physical activity in a scenic spot eg the Appalachians. Thinking of driving from NY to Atlanta then catch a return flight to Orlando. Would it be feasible and possible to do a part (say 2 days) of the Virginia Creeper Trail on mountain bikes. We are all fairly good cyclists and maybe should try more technical trails like the ones at Stokesville (Road Hollow Trail). Not sure what weather is like then (late April)...........
Biking along the Virginia Creeper Trail with teens?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 New York City Christmas Trip
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 6 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 From Seattle airport to the city
- 9 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 10 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 11 Colorado Skiing
- 12 American Honeymoon in March
- 13 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 14 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 15 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 18 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 19 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 20 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 23 Middle America in October
- 24 visit to HIghLine
- 25 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live