Planning our first USA trip with 12 and 16 yo kids (2 weeks 17 April to 3 May) For them the main attractions would be NY and Orlando, but we'd like to include some physical activity in a scenic spot eg the Appalachians. Thinking of driving from NY to Atlanta then catch a return flight to Orlando. Would it be feasible and possible to do a part (say 2 days) of the Virginia Creeper Trail on mountain bikes. We are all fairly good cyclists and maybe should try more technical trails like the ones at Stokesville (Road Hollow Trail). Not sure what weather is like then (late April)...........
Biking along the Virginia Creeper Trail with teens?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 2 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 3 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 4 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 5 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 6 Hotels Philly
- 7 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 8 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 9 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 10 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 11 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 12 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 13 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 14 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 15 Texas
- 16 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 17 California
- 18 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 19 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 20 Deep South sept 2015
- 21 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 22 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 23 Cross Country RV Trip
- 24 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 25 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?