Planning our first USA trip with 12 and 16 yo kids (2 weeks 17 April to 3 May) For them the main attractions would be NY and Orlando, but we'd like to include some physical activity in a scenic spot eg the Appalachians. Thinking of driving from NY to Atlanta then catch a return flight to Orlando. Would it be feasible and possible to do a part (say 2 days) of the Virginia Creeper Trail on mountain bikes. We are all fairly good cyclists and maybe should try more technical trails like the ones at Stokesville (Road Hollow Trail). Not sure what weather is like then (late April)...........
Biking along the Virginia Creeper Trail with teens?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fancy dining
- 2 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 3 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 4 Hotel near Miami airport
- 5 NYC IN AUGUST
- 6 Road Trip SW
- 7 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 8 Will have five days in Savannah
- 9 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 10 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 11 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 12 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 13 Itinerary opinions
- 14 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 15 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 16 Chicago trip
- 17 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 18 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 19 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 20 culpepper
- 21 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 San Fran to Las Vegas drive