Planning our first USA trip with 12 and 16 yo kids (2 weeks 17 April to 3 May) For them the main attractions would be NY and Orlando, but we'd like to include some physical activity in a scenic spot eg the Appalachians. Thinking of driving from NY to Atlanta then catch a return flight to Orlando. Would it be feasible and possible to do a part (say 2 days) of the Virginia Creeper Trail on mountain bikes. We are all fairly good cyclists and maybe should try more technical trails like the ones at Stokesville (Road Hollow Trail). Not sure what weather is like then (late April)...........
Biking along the Virginia Creeper Trail with teens?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas