Planning our first USA trip with 12 and 16 yo kids (2 weeks 17 April to 3 May) For them the main attractions would be NY and Orlando, but we'd like to include some physical activity in a scenic spot eg the Appalachians. Thinking of driving from NY to Atlanta then catch a return flight to Orlando. Would it be feasible and possible to do a part (say 2 days) of the Virginia Creeper Trail on mountain bikes. We are all fairly good cyclists and maybe should try more technical trails like the ones at Stokesville (Road Hollow Trail). Not sure what weather is like then (late April)...........
Biking along the Virginia Creeper Trail with teens?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 relocating travel
- 2 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 3 Mesa Verde
- 4 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 5 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 8 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 9 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 10 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 14 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 15 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 16 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 17 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 18 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 19 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 20 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 23 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 24 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 25 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?