My husband and i, huge USA fans for the last 10 years, are planning a road trip to the east coast in the coming last week of May till the first week of June (2 weeks). Our itinerary looks roughly like this;
- Washington 3 days
- Norfolk, Hatteras, Wilmington, Georgetown 4 days
- Charleston 2 days
- Savannah 3 days
- Jacksonville beach 1 day
- flying home from Jacksonville
Since we've only been to ny on this side of USA, we would love some tips on great things to do and see, good places to eat (and drink), small (boutique) hotels to stay and fun stuff that locals like. We're not very into the big tourist 'traps', and are more interested in where the locals go. Our taste in restaurants, hotels, bars but also in things we would like to do are very divers; we love a good night of 'hip clubbing' but also enjoy a local lowbrow pub, a tour in an interesting museum or a 'ridiculous' Americana themeparc. In short; any tips are welcome!
About us; were from Amsterdam (Holland), are 37 and 45 years old, no kids, loads of friends, love living the good life, hard working but going on holiday is most important!
Thanks in advance for you're tips, and if you're ever in Amsterdam.....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alcatrez sold out
- 2 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 3 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 4 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 5 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 6 Maine weather and temps
- 7 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 8 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 9 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 10 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 11 Need help planning....
- 12 L.A. and Sequoia
- 13 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 14 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 15 Week motorcycle ride
- 16 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 17 Broadway
- 18 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 19 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 22 Not enough time, i guess..
- 23 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 24 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 25 Traveling across the US