My husband and i, huge USA fans for the last 10 years, are planning a road trip to the east coast in the coming last week of May till the first week of June (2 weeks). Our itinerary looks roughly like this;
- Washington 3 days
- Norfolk, Hatteras, Wilmington, Georgetown 4 days
- Charleston 2 days
- Savannah 3 days
- Jacksonville beach 1 day
- flying home from Jacksonville
Since we've only been to ny on this side of USA, we would love some tips on great things to do and see, good places to eat (and drink), small (boutique) hotels to stay and fun stuff that locals like. We're not very into the big tourist 'traps', and are more interested in where the locals go. Our taste in restaurants, hotels, bars but also in things we would like to do are very divers; we love a good night of 'hip clubbing' but also enjoy a local lowbrow pub, a tour in an interesting museum or a 'ridiculous' Americana themeparc. In short; any tips are welcome!
About us; were from Amsterdam (Holland), are 37 and 45 years old, no kids, loads of friends, love living the good life, hard working but going on holiday is most important!
Thanks in advance for you're tips, and if you're ever in Amsterdam.....
Big USA fans roadtripping from Washington to Savannah
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 2 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 3 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 4 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 5 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 6 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 7 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 8 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 9 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 10 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 11 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 12 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 13 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 14 Mesa Verde
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 25 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida