My husband and i, huge USA fans for the last 10 years, are planning a road trip to the east coast in the coming last week of May till the first week of June (2 weeks). Our itinerary looks roughly like this;
- Washington 3 days
- Norfolk, Hatteras, Wilmington, Georgetown 4 days
- Charleston 2 days
- Savannah 3 days
- Jacksonville beach 1 day
- flying home from Jacksonville
Since we've only been to ny on this side of USA, we would love some tips on great things to do and see, good places to eat (and drink), small (boutique) hotels to stay and fun stuff that locals like. We're not very into the big tourist 'traps', and are more interested in where the locals go. Our taste in restaurants, hotels, bars but also in things we would like to do are very divers; we love a good night of 'hip clubbing' but also enjoy a local lowbrow pub, a tour in an interesting museum or a 'ridiculous' Americana themeparc. In short; any tips are welcome!
About us; were from Amsterdam (Holland), are 37 and 45 years old, no kids, loads of friends, love living the good life, hard working but going on holiday is most important!
Thanks in advance for you're tips, and if you're ever in Amsterdam.....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://onlinehealthmarkets.com/intellex-plus/
- 2 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 3 Intellex Plus
- 4 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 5 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 6 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 7 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 8 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 9 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 10 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 11 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 12 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 15 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 16 Summer trip
- 17 How many states have you been to?
- 18 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 19 Florida keys trip
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Route Planning for East USA
- 22 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 23 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...