My husband and i, huge USA fans for the last 10 years, are planning a road trip to the east coast in the coming last week of May till the first week of June (2 weeks). Our itinerary looks roughly like this;
- Washington 3 days
- Norfolk, Hatteras, Wilmington, Georgetown 4 days
- Charleston 2 days
- Savannah 3 days
- Jacksonville beach 1 day
- flying home from Jacksonville
Since we've only been to ny on this side of USA, we would love some tips on great things to do and see, good places to eat (and drink), small (boutique) hotels to stay and fun stuff that locals like. We're not very into the big tourist 'traps', and are more interested in where the locals go. Our taste in restaurants, hotels, bars but also in things we would like to do are very divers; we love a good night of 'hip clubbing' but also enjoy a local lowbrow pub, a tour in an interesting museum or a 'ridiculous' Americana themeparc. In short; any tips are welcome!
About us; were from Amsterdam (Holland), are 37 and 45 years old, no kids, loads of friends, love living the good life, hard working but going on holiday is most important!
Thanks in advance for you're tips, and if you're ever in Amsterdam.....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US whole month of January where to
- 2 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 3 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 4 온라인바다이야기 ▣ 홈피:【 ' m k 2 8 9.com ' 】
- 5 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 6 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 7 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 10 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 11 Miami airport--safety??
- 12 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 13 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 14 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 15 Things to do in Toronto
- 16 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 17 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 18 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 19 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 20 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 21 Dinosaur National Monument
- 22 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 23 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 24 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 25 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning