My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Big Sur / Redwood National Forest
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 3 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 6 RIP Judy Rogers
- 7 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 8 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 9 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 13 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 14 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC