My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 2 JFK to Washington
- 3 About Us
- 4 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 5 Where to live in the North East
- 6 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 7 Houston during hurricane
- 8 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 9 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 10 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 11 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 14 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 15 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 16 Maui and Kauai
- 17 Phoenix for the weekend
- 18 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 19 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 20 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 21 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 22 Christmas in Colorado
- 23 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 24 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 25 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds