My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 4 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 5 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 6 florida gulf coast
- 7 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 8 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 9 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 10 Family Trip advice please?!
- 11 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 12 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 13 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 14 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 15 Road trip advice needed please
- 16 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 17 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 18 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 19 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 20 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 21 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 22 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 23 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 24 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 25 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?