My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 2 Layover
- 3 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 4 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 5 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 6 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 7 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 8 November redwoods trip
- 9 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 10 Wedding gifts?
- 11 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 Seattle?
- 14 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 16 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 17 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 18 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 19 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 20 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 21 First Trip to New Mexico
- 22 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 23 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 24 Airport Advice for GNP
- 25 Day trips from Boston