My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 2 Midway point
- 3 White Christmas
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 New York City
- 8 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 9 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 10 Relocating to the Deep South
- 11 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 12 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 13 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 14 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 15 Arlington funeral plans
- 16 destin resorts
- 17 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 18 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 19 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 20 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 21 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 22 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 23 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 24 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 25 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip