My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 2 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 3 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 4 Pacific coast road trip
- 5 Maine
- 6 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 7 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 8 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 9 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 10 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 11 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 12 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 13 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 15 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 16 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 17 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 18 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 19 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 20 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 21 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 22 Austin with Kids
- 23 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 24 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 25 Areas to Stay in Boston