My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://nutrahealthtrimsite.com/imperium-garcinia/
- 2 http://gomusclebuilding.com/phallyx/
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 5 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 6 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 7 Sonoma
- 8 Northwest Passage
- 9 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 10 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 11 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 12 Alaska cruise
- 13 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 14 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 15 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska