My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Later Winter around Mobile
- 3 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 4 Uber boston
- 5 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 6 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 7 Florida keys trip
- 8 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 9 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 10 New orleans recs for family
- 11 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 12 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 13 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 14 Florida beach vacation
- 15 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 16 Hawaii Help
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 19 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 20 HAWAII; HELP!
- 21 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 22 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 23 Coffee in Boston?
- 24 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330