My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 2 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 3 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 4 Arizona Classic Car Detailing
- 5 Luxury Car Detailing Scottsdale
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 Steamboat in August
- 8 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 9 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 12 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 15 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 16 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 17 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 18 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 19 Cape cod Labor Day
- 20 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 21 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 22 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 23 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 24 US Open Tennis
- 25 Boston/New England late Sept. with children