My fiance and I would like to figure out a way to drive down Route 1 while we travel from Napa to San Francisco. We would like to stop at Big Sur and/or Redwood National Forest to take a hike. My fiance has never been to Northern California and I'd love to give him a taste of the magnificent redwood trees and Big Sur! Can anyone suggest a route in which we can do that? Also, if you feel that doing a hike in Redwood National Park would be more beneficial than Big Sur or vise versa, please let me know!
Also, do you suggest any specific hikes or places to stop along the way? I would say that we are beginner to intermediate hikers. We are in good shape, but aren't looking to kill ourselves!
Any information is MUCH appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 2 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 3 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 4 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 7 Florida with a 2 year old
- 8 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 9 Get Silky Hair with Follicle RX
- 10 Day Night Sensor Auto On & Off Switch
- 11 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 12 Automatic Night Switch sensor switch
- 13 Homestay
- 14 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Tony’s Locksmith Inc
- 17 IS IT SAFE TO USE?
- 18 Colorado itinerary
- 19 Oregon Coast question
- 20 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 21 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 22 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 23 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 24 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 25 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?