We're a family of 2 adults/2 kids (8 and 11). We have never camped as a family except in platform tents on an overnight rafting trip. I don't think we'll ever do traditional tent camping on our own but I like the idea of a little roughing it in a gorgeous spot so we have a Jucy campervan rental for a weekend in August - comfort camping.
I now need to get a site reservation and need help figuring out which campground is better for us assuming I'll even have any choice - Pfeiffer Big Sur, Julia Pfeiffer Burns (McWay waterfall) or Limekiln.
We have driven through Big Sur, but never stopped for hiking, so we're up for all of that.
Thank you and appreciate your time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 2 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 3 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 5 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 6 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 7 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 8 Orlando area weather in June
- 9 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 10 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 11 New Itinerary
- 12 Help with Northwest Trip
- 13 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 14 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 15 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 16 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 17 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 18 road trip
- 19 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 20 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 21 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 22 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 23 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 24 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 25 Myrtle beach