We're a family of 2 adults/2 kids (8 and 11). We have never camped as a family except in platform tents on an overnight rafting trip. I don't think we'll ever do traditional tent camping on our own but I like the idea of a little roughing it in a gorgeous spot so we have a Jucy campervan rental for a weekend in August - comfort camping.
I now need to get a site reservation and need help figuring out which campground is better for us assuming I'll even have any choice - Pfeiffer Big Sur, Julia Pfeiffer Burns (McWay waterfall) or Limekiln.
We have driven through Big Sur, but never stopped for hiking, so we're up for all of that.
Thank you and appreciate your time.
Big Sur Camping - which campground for first-timers?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York city--best time to visit??
- 2 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 5 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 6 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 9 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 10 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 11 General Utah planning questions
- 12 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 Maui Luau?
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 18 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 19 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 20 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Boston area -- nature
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?