We're a family of 2 adults/2 kids (8 and 11). We have never camped as a family except in platform tents on an overnight rafting trip. I don't think we'll ever do traditional tent camping on our own but I like the idea of a little roughing it in a gorgeous spot so we have a Jucy campervan rental for a weekend in August - comfort camping.
I now need to get a site reservation and need help figuring out which campground is better for us assuming I'll even have any choice - Pfeiffer Big Sur, Julia Pfeiffer Burns (McWay waterfall) or Limekiln.
We have driven through Big Sur, but never stopped for hiking, so we're up for all of that.
Thank you and appreciate your time.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ferry to Nantucket
- 2 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 3 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 4 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 5 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 6 Sedona - Jeep Tours
- 7 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 8 48 Hours in NYC
- 9 Another question about hawaii
- 10 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 11 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 12 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 Hawk's
- 15 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 16 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 17 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 18 Broadway show tickets
- 19 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 20 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 21 BYOB in New York City
- 22 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 23 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 24 Travel from Juneau to Sitka or Skagway
- 25 Key West, FL