I'm going to be driving from about 30 miles south of Ashland Kentucky along the Big Sandy River to Charlottesville VA. Never been to either place before or the Appalachians. Can anyone suggest good routes and things to see in between? I like good scenery, good music, friendly folks, small towns. I'm sort of planning to go over to the SW corner of VA now and then northward through various valleys. Good decision? Best roads?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 2 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 3 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 4 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 5 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 6 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 7 road trip
- 8 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 9 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 10 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 11 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 12 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 13 Florida in October
- 14 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 15 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 16 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 17 FLL to Key West
- 18 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 19 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 20 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 21 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 22 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 23 New England Road Trip
- 24 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 25 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice