I'm going to be driving from about 30 miles south of Ashland Kentucky along the Big Sandy River to Charlottesville VA. Never been to either place before or the Appalachians. Can anyone suggest good routes and things to see in between? I like good scenery, good music, friendly folks, small towns. I'm sort of planning to go over to the SW corner of VA now and then northward through various valleys. Good decision? Best roads?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 3 time to visit statue
- 4 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 5 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC
- 6 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 7 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Aladin tickets in NYC
- 10 Chester, CN
- 11 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 12 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 13 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 14 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 15 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 16 Northern California Gardens.
- 17 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 18 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 19 Hawaii wedding
- 20 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 21 Route 66
- 22 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 23 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 24 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 25 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii