I'm going to be driving from about 30 miles south of Ashland Kentucky along the Big Sandy River to Charlottesville VA. Never been to either place before or the Appalachians. Can anyone suggest good routes and things to see in between? I like good scenery, good music, friendly folks, small towns. I'm sort of planning to go over to the SW corner of VA now and then northward through various valleys. Good decision? Best roads?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 2 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 3 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 4 South east road trip
- 5 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 6 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 7 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 8 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 9 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 10 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 11 Any Sanibel experts?
- 12 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 13 Later Winter around Mobile
- 14 Rafting the Colorado
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Florida keys trip
- 17 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 18 Coffee in Boston?
- 19 Nashville Never Been
- 20 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 21 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 22 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 23 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 24 Traveling in winter
- 25 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary