I'm going to be driving from about 30 miles south of Ashland Kentucky along the Big Sandy River to Charlottesville VA. Never been to either place before or the Appalachians. Can anyone suggest good routes and things to see in between? I like good scenery, good music, friendly folks, small towns. I'm sort of planning to go over to the SW corner of VA now and then northward through various valleys. Good decision? Best roads?
Big Sandy River to Charlottesville
- 1 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 2 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 5 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 6 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 7 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 8 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 9 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 10 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 11 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 14 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 15 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 16 Question about Boulder area
- 17 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Biloxi questions again
- 22 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England