We are planning a day in Volcanoes National Park. We will be staying for several days on the Kona side before heading to Oahu. I am thinking of starting out early from Kona and spending the day in VNP before catching the late flight to HNL from HIlo. As we will be traveling in winter months, days will be short so we can see some of the park at night before flying out. The problem I have is this: where to store the luggage for 6 people? I understand that it is not necessarily safe to leave it in the van.
If there is somewhere to put the luggage, this option will work out well for us. I'd rather move on to Oahu that night as our time is limited. Also, I'd rather avoid driving back to kona at night. I've done it before, and once was enough!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Summer trip
- 2 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 3 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 4 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 5 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 6 Route Planning for East USA
- 7 Florida keys trip
- 8 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 9 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 10 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 11 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 14 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 15 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 16 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 17 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 18 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 19 Skagway
- 20 Retiring in NM?
- 21 Chicago to Charleston
- 22 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 23 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 24 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 25 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
Big Island - where to store luggage for the day while at VNP?