My husband and I are going on a semi-belated honeymoon. 5 nights on Oahu and another 5 on either Kauai or The Big island. I can't decide which. I have been to Oahu and Maui but not to the other 2 islands so I don't know which is the better choice. My husband has never been to Hawaii. We are both late-twenties, love culture, adventure, food, drinking, music, etc. Beaches are nice, but I can't just sit on a beach without getting antsy. I want to be sure there there is more to do than just that. I also don't want to be completely isolated. Might be nice to have a mix of adventure-seeking during the day and good nightlife if possible. We are going in mid-late September and I read somewhere the Big island is unbearably hot at that time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Big Island or Kauai
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Montana- what are must see places?
- 2 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 3 Sea world San Diego
- 4 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 7 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 8 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 9 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 10 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 11 Maui - Haleakala
- 12 Small group dining in Napa area
- 13 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 14 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 15 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 16 Utah restaurants
- 17 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 18 Kauai Garden tours
- 19 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 20 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 21 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 22 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 23 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 24 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 25 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)