My husband and I are going on a semi-belated honeymoon. 5 nights on Oahu and another 5 on either Kauai or The Big island. I can't decide which. I have been to Oahu and Maui but not to the other 2 islands so I don't know which is the better choice. My husband has never been to Hawaii. We are both late-twenties, love culture, adventure, food, drinking, music, etc. Beaches are nice, but I can't just sit on a beach without getting antsy. I want to be sure there there is more to do than just that. I also don't want to be completely isolated. Might be nice to have a mix of adventure-seeking during the day and good nightlife if possible. We are going in mid-late September and I read somewhere the Big island is unbearably hot at that time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Big Island or Kauai
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 Active Vacation
- 3 Quick SoCal question
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 6 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 7 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 8 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 9 New England September
- 10 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 11 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 14 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 15 Tampa in February
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 19 NYC taxi vs car service
- 20 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 21 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 22 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 23 Austin Food Trucks
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip