Last fall, we headed to the Big Island (first time to Hawaii in over 10 years and 2nd trip ever). We were there for 8 nights: 3 nights in Hilo and 5 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. We were concerned about staying at the Hilton. But there was a really good deal at the time.
In any case, we loved the Big Island, but not the Hilton. It was too big, we didn't like the breakfasts and we weren't fans of the facilities.
But , as I said, we loved the Big Island and are thinking of going back this fall. The prices at the Hapuna Beach Prince are not so bad when we're looking to go, but we're concerned about recent reviews. Does anyone have any comments on:
1) Recent experiences at the hotel;
2) What the breakfast is like (good assortment of fresh fruit is important to us);
3) How easy it is to get over to the Mauna Kea Beach?
We'd like to stay at the Hapuna because we loved their beach and want easy access to Mauna Kea's beach. We cannot afford to stay at the Mauna Kea.
Alternatively, we're considering a different island this time. But we liked the fact that the Big Island was relatively quiet and uncrowded. I'll put up another post about that topic though.
Big Island: Hapuna Beach Prince or...?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 10 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.