Last fall, we headed to the Big Island (first time to Hawaii in over 10 years and 2nd trip ever). We were there for 8 nights: 3 nights in Hilo and 5 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. We were concerned about staying at the Hilton. But there was a really good deal at the time.
In any case, we loved the Big Island, but not the Hilton. It was too big, we didn't like the breakfasts and we weren't fans of the facilities.
But , as I said, we loved the Big Island and are thinking of going back this fall. The prices at the Hapuna Beach Prince are not so bad when we're looking to go, but we're concerned about recent reviews. Does anyone have any comments on:
1) Recent experiences at the hotel;
2) What the breakfast is like (good assortment of fresh fruit is important to us);
3) How easy it is to get over to the Mauna Kea Beach?
We'd like to stay at the Hapuna because we loved their beach and want easy access to Mauna Kea's beach. We cannot afford to stay at the Mauna Kea.
Alternatively, we're considering a different island this time. But we liked the fact that the Big Island was relatively quiet and uncrowded. I'll put up another post about that topic though.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEW IMAGE@YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Novel in Progress
- 3 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 4 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 5 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 6 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 7 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 8 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 9 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 10 Another Great DC Trip
- 11 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 12 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 13 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 14 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 15 Short Notice
- 16 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 17 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 18 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 19 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 20 Inn at Key West
- 21 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 22 Black History Museum
- 23 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 24 Chicago 2017
- 25 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!