Last fall, we headed to the Big Island (first time to Hawaii in over 10 years and 2nd trip ever). We were there for 8 nights: 3 nights in Hilo and 5 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. We were concerned about staying at the Hilton. But there was a really good deal at the time.
In any case, we loved the Big Island, but not the Hilton. It was too big, we didn't like the breakfasts and we weren't fans of the facilities.
But , as I said, we loved the Big Island and are thinking of going back this fall. The prices at the Hapuna Beach Prince are not so bad when we're looking to go, but we're concerned about recent reviews. Does anyone have any comments on:
1) Recent experiences at the hotel;
2) What the breakfast is like (good assortment of fresh fruit is important to us);
3) How easy it is to get over to the Mauna Kea Beach?
We'd like to stay at the Hapuna because we loved their beach and want easy access to Mauna Kea's beach. We cannot afford to stay at the Mauna Kea.
Alternatively, we're considering a different island this time. But we liked the fact that the Big Island was relatively quiet and uncrowded. I'll put up another post about that topic though.
Big Island: Hapuna Beach Prince or...?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 3 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 15 Chicago trip
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 18 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley