Last fall, we headed to the Big Island (first time to Hawaii in over 10 years and 2nd trip ever). We were there for 8 nights: 3 nights in Hilo and 5 at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. We were concerned about staying at the Hilton. But there was a really good deal at the time.
In any case, we loved the Big Island, but not the Hilton. It was too big, we didn't like the breakfasts and we weren't fans of the facilities.
But , as I said, we loved the Big Island and are thinking of going back this fall. The prices at the Hapuna Beach Prince are not so bad when we're looking to go, but we're concerned about recent reviews. Does anyone have any comments on:
1) Recent experiences at the hotel;
2) What the breakfast is like (good assortment of fresh fruit is important to us);
3) How easy it is to get over to the Mauna Kea Beach?
We'd like to stay at the Hapuna because we loved their beach and want easy access to Mauna Kea's beach. We cannot afford to stay at the Mauna Kea.
Alternatively, we're considering a different island this time. But we liked the fact that the Big Island was relatively quiet and uncrowded. I'll put up another post about that topic though.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip ideas California 6 Nevada: Ideas and realistic driving distances
- 2 Cape Cod -- Where to Stay? Ptwon or Chatham?
- 3 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 4 Chicago Tourist Areas
- 5 Where to Stay in Sonoma County
- 6 Lake Tahoe & Yosemite Lodging/hotels
- 7 July 4 wkend beach destinations within 3-4 hrs of NYC
- 8 Best way to see Oahu
- 9 San Diego restaurant
- 10 OBama: has anyone attended one of his public events?
- 11 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 12 Suggestions for an elegant place for bday lunch
- 13 NYC to Washington by train
- 14 Nantucket/Hyannis ferry & ground transportation
- 15 Orlando Vacation Home
- 16 Hawaii trip report
- 17 2 Week West Coast Travel with Family
- 18 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 19 Bar Harbor area restaurant recommendations
- 20 Finger Lakes Trip Report
- 21 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 22 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 23 Pearl Harbor Day Trip
- 24 First Trip To Lake Tahoe
- 25 Golf on Hilton Head