We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Big Island and Kauai Car rental - Help Please!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 adams morgan - safety
- 2 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 3 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 4 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 5 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 6 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 7 Grand Marais?
- 8 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 9 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 10 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 11 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 12 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 13 Las Vegas must sees
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley