We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 2 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 3 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 4 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 5 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 6 Canon beach lodging
- 7 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 8 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 9 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 10 FLA testing the waters
- 11 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 12 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 13 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 14 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 15 A week in NYC - first timers
- 16 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 17 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 18 Boston restaurants
- 19 Itinerary Critique
- 20 Tucson in February
- 21 Lets each do a post
- 22 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 23 Help with visit for a month!!
- 24 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 25 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall