We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine
- 2 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 3 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 4 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 5 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 6 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 7 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 8 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 9 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 10 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 11 Pacific coast road trip
- 12 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 13 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 14 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 15 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 16 Austin with Kids
- 17 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 18 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 19 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 20 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 21 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 22 portland and area
- 23 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 24 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 25 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT