We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Big Island and Kauai Car rental - Help Please!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 2 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 3 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 4 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 5 Yosemite Fire
- 6 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 Lodging - Yosemite
- 9 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 10 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 13 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 14 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 15 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 16 An RV trip along the coast
- 17 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 18 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 19 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 20 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 21 Fancy dining
- 22 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 23 Charlotte restaurant help
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.