We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Big Island and Kauai Car rental - Help Please!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getaway
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 4 Yosemite Lodging
- 5 Temecula Winery Tours
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Fairbanks Alaska
- 8 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 11 What's new on Maui?
- 12 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 13 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 14 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 15 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 16 Broadway choices
- 17 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Colorado aspen updates
- 20 New England Skiing
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 25 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier