We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans music
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 NYC Play Advice
- 4 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 5 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 6 CA Trip - include Mammoth Lakes OR Yosemite?
- 7 Arcadia National Park/ Week in Maine
- 8 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 11 Napa Valley Weekend
- 12 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 13 A Taste of Alaska’s Bounty
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 16 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 17 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 18 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 19 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 20 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 21 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 22 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 24 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 25 Carlsbad Caverns