We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 2 No Spam this morning!!
- 3 San Francisco transit options
- 4 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 5 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 8 Honeymoon on PCH
- 9 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 10 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 11 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 12 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 13 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 16 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 17 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 18 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 19 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 20 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 23 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 24 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 25 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017