We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Big Island and Kauai Car rental - Help Please!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 5 One Night at Logan Airport
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Backpacking in April
- 9 Four days in DC
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 Circle Oahu / luau
- 12 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 13 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 14 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 15 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 16 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 17 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 20 replica designer handbags
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 San Diego parks and attractions
- 23 Cape Cod in early April
- 24 USA with a 3 year old
- 25 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia