We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 November redwoods trip
- 2 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 3 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 4 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 5 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 6 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 7 blue ridge parkway?
- 8 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 9 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 10 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 11 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 12 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 13 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 14 Wedding gifts?
- 15 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 16 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 17 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 18 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 19 Seattle Ho
- 20 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 21 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 22 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 23 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 24 First Trip to New Mexico
- 25 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?