We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to eat before the show?
- 2 Florida beach vacation
- 3 Florida vacation
- 4 I95
- 5 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 6 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 7 Rafting the Colorado
- 8 Trip to USA in July
- 9 a short trip to san francisco
- 10 Wine Country
- 11 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 12 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 13 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 14 Uber boston
- 15 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 16 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 17 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 18 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 19 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 20 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 21 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 22 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 23 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 24 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 25 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast