We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 2 5 days in Colorado
- 3 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 6 40th in Key West
- 7 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 8 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 9 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 10 Downtown Chicago
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 13 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 14 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 15 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 16 What to do in San Diego
- 17 Nashville
- 18 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 19 Beaches in Florida
- 20 fort lauderdale
- 21 First Trip to Texas -
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 24 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 25 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP