We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seaside, California
- 2 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 3 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 4 Denali
- 5 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 6 JFK Terminal 8
- 7 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 8 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 11 Maine in May?
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 15 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 16 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 17 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 18 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 19 Bed and Breakfast
- 20 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 21 What car service?
- 22 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 23 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 24 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 25 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria