We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Big Island and Kauai Car rental - Help Please!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 2 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 3 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 4 can you help me plan a trip?
- 5 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 6 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 7 Seattle - newby questions
- 8 6 days to drive from Seattle wa to oceanside ca
- 9 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 10 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 11 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 12 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 13 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 14 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 15 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 16 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 17 Restaurants Chicago June
- 18 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 19 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 20 tip for valet parking
- 21 New Orleans
- 22 California: Getty museum
- 23 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 24 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 25 NYC hotel/July