We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Big Island and Kauai Car rental - Help Please!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 3 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 4 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 5 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 8 Washington, DC to Boston
- 9 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 13 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 San Diego Trip Report
- 20 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 21 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 22 NYC jazz with a minor
- 23 NYC Itinerary Help
- 24 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 25 5 week in US/Mexico