We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 2 Christmas in Colorado
- 3 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 4 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 5 JFK to Washington
- 6 Boost Up Your Skin Texture With luna-gold-serum
- 7 Blue fortera
- 8 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 9 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 10 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 13 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 14 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 15 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 16 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 17 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 18 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 19 How much time in Badlands?
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 21 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 22 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 23 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 24 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 25 Where to live in the North East