We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 2 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 3 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 4 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 5 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 6 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 9 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 10 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 11 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 12 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 13 Summer trip
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 16 Florida keys trip
- 17 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 18 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 21 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 22 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 23 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 24 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 25 SF special dinner for 70 birthday