We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 2 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 3 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 4 Help with first time
- 5 Discounted Rental Car?
- 6 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 7 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 8 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 9 Inexpensive family getaways
- 10 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 11 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 12 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 13 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 14 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 15 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 16 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 17 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 18 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 19 Driving cross country tips
- 20 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 21 Atlanta Airport
- 22 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 23 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 24 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 25 Thousand Islands - Must Dos