We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 11 days SE coast road trip
- 2 Highway 1 motels
- 3 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 4 Seattle - newby questions
- 5 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 6 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 7 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 8 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 9 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 10 Mackinac or Holland?
- 11 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 12 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 13 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 14 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 15 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 16 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 17 Places to stay in TX...?
- 18 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 19 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 20 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 21 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 22 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 23 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 24 Your Golden Gate Park favorites
- 25 Where are the orcas near Seattle?