We are going to Kauai and Big Island for Christmas but unfortunately are very late in booking rental cars for our trip. I've searched everything but there is no availability.
My first question - Is a car a must in Kauai? We will be staying from Dec 22 to 27th and would like to do all kind of sightseeing in the time we have. There are some cars available but starting price is around $200 for an economy car. Should we wait? Or, go ahead and pay this price? Or, should we just take tours or cabs whenever we need to go somewhere. Its our first time there, so we are not sure if its worth the price.
Second - I've heard the Big Island is very big and a car is must. However, there is no availability. Are there local car rental companies? Or, would this nonavailability might change? We will be staying in the Big Island from the 27th to the 1st of January. Any suggestions?
Sorry for my long question, but I am very worried about this car issue wish I booked beforehand. Anyways, I really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 2 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 3 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 4 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 5 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 6 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 7 Uber and Miami
- 8 Los Angeles to Lake Tahoe
- 9 Redwood National Forest
- 10 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 11 Mountain Visit Near Los Angeles??
- 12 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 13 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 14 Las Vegas loop
- 15 Need Recommendations on Best San Francisco Limousine Service!
- 16 Cape Cod
- 17 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 18 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 19 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 20 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 21 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 22 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?
- 23 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 24 Biltmore Estate - Asheville, NC
- 25 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?