We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 camaro hire in waikiki
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 USA trip
- 6 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 9 How to dress in Vegas
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 13 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 14 Orlando for Work
- 15 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 16 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 17 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 18 NBA tickets??
- 19 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 20 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 21 charlotte
- 22 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 23 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 24 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report