We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 2 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 3 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 4 Worst Restaurants in America
- 5 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 6 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 9 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 10 Getaway
- 11 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 12 Fairbanks Alaska
- 13 New England Skiing
- 14 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 15 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 16 Yosemite Lodging
- 17 Temecula Winery Tours
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 20 What's new on Maui?
- 21 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 22 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 23 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 24 Broadway choices
- 25 Question About Sealodge