We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 2 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 3 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 4 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 5 Philly
- 6 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 7 Santa Barbara, California
- 8 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 9 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 10 Hotel near Miami airport
- 11 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 12 culpepper
- 13 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 14 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 24 Chicago trip
- 25 NYC IN AUGUST