We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 2 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 3 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 6 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 7 New Orleans pictures
- 8 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 9 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 10 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 13 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 14 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 15 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 16 san fran sightseeing
- 17 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 18 American Honeymoon in March
- 19 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 20 Need Help Finding the Right Spot to Ring in 2015 on the East Coast!
- 21 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 22 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 23 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 24 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 25 New Orleans