We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 5 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 6 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 7 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 8 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 9 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 10 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 11 Kauai Garden tours
- 12 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 13 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 14 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 15 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 16 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 17 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 18 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 19 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 20 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 21 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 22 California San Diego area lodging
- 23 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 24 Maui - Haleakala
- 25 Dessert with a view in Monterey?