We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 2 Grand Marais?
- 3 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 4 adams morgan - safety
- 5 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 6 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 7 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 8 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 9 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 10 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 11 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 12 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 13 Las Vegas must sees
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley