We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Girls' Getaway
- 2 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 3 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 4 New York City - apartment locations
- 5 Car Rental in Sedona
- 6 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 7 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 8 NYC hotel/July
- 9 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 10 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 11 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 12 new york subway help please
- 13 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 14 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 15 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 16 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 17 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 18 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 19 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 20 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 21 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 22 NYC with my 13 year old
- 23 Las Vegas must sees
- 24 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 25 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side