We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 2 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 3 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Alaska
- 6 San Diego grocery stores
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 20 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 24 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 25 Laguna Beach, what to do