We live in Albuquerque and often make reservations for out of town company who come to visit for Balloon Fiesta, which is a wonderful event. This year, I made a reservation at Hilton Garden Inn on San Antonio Blvd. for our visitors. An unforeseen event (the news that they would soon be adopting a baby) caused their plans to change. I called this evening to cancel their reservations and was told by a central reservations agent that there was a 30! day cancellation policy, so our deposit of $217 was forfeit. I checked the on-line site carefully and the 30 day policy is not readily apparent. Instead it says, "Easy cancellations." Click for details. The 28 days (different from the 30 days told me by the reservations agent) listed on the site is quite far down the blurb and could easily be overlooked. One would think that 10 days in advance would be plenty of time to cancel, but no, the requirement is 28 days. This is an expensive lesson. Be advised that if you make reservations there, you should take out trip insurance against an unforeseen need to cancel.
Beware of Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Check List for a Sri Lankan Wedding
- 2 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 3 Dim Sum and Pho in San Francisco
- 4 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 5 Maui vacation
- 6 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 7 Use of an iPad in France
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 12 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 15 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 16 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 17 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Boston/Fenway park
- 20 California self drive trip
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 10 day trip to California