In April 2009 my wife and I and two other couples rented a 6-seater electric car from A&M Rentals (www.amscooterskeywest.com). Everyone (6-7 staff members) we came in contact with was rude and unresponsive. We were only in Key West for a few hours, having arrived on a Celebrity cruise. If we were not under a tight schedule, we would have walked away. Never the less, we went through with the rental. We had to wait for 45-50 minutes before they would “check us out” prior to leaving the depot. And within 2 hours the car began to run out of power; we were told it would last for 6-8 hours (the entire day). We were forced to return the car and asked for our money back, not trusting their equipment and by now despising their customer service. We were forced to wait another 45 minutes at the depot for someone to assist us. We spoke to staff, assistant managers, and the senior manager but to no avail—they refused to do anything for us. Then they made us wait another 35 minutes to get our security deposit back. We walked away having spent $220 for only two hours in the car and what is worse is that we wasted precious time in Key West on our vacation. This company should be avoided by all, awful people.
Beware of A&M Rentals (Key West, FL)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 3 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 Apartment Rentals DC
- 7 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 8 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 9 Zion to Albuquerque
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 12 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Vegas hotels for families
- 15 Round trip from Chicago
- 16 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 17 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 18 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Quick Trip to NYC
- 24 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 25 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed