In April 2009 my wife and I and two other couples rented a 6-seater electric car from A&M Rentals (www.amscooterskeywest.com). Everyone (6-7 staff members) we came in contact with was rude and unresponsive. We were only in Key West for a few hours, having arrived on a Celebrity cruise. If we were not under a tight schedule, we would have walked away. Never the less, we went through with the rental. We had to wait for 45-50 minutes before they would “check us out” prior to leaving the depot. And within 2 hours the car began to run out of power; we were told it would last for 6-8 hours (the entire day). We were forced to return the car and asked for our money back, not trusting their equipment and by now despising their customer service. We were forced to wait another 45 minutes at the depot for someone to assist us. We spoke to staff, assistant managers, and the senior manager but to no avail—they refused to do anything for us. Then they made us wait another 35 minutes to get our security deposit back. We walked away having spent $220 for only two hours in the car and what is worse is that we wasted precious time in Key West on our vacation. This company should be avoided by all, awful people.
Beware of A&M Rentals (Key West, FL)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Kennebunkport and....?
- 3 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 4 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 5 Wedding in Hawaii
- 6 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 Alaska cruise and land
- 10 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 11 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 18 SF to DR? WTH!
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 NYC Itinerary Help
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 23 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 24 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 25 Washington DC in May for 4 days