In April 2009 my wife and I and two other couples rented a 6-seater electric car from A&M Rentals (www.amscooterskeywest.com). Everyone (6-7 staff members) we came in contact with was rude and unresponsive. We were only in Key West for a few hours, having arrived on a Celebrity cruise. If we were not under a tight schedule, we would have walked away. Never the less, we went through with the rental. We had to wait for 45-50 minutes before they would “check us out” prior to leaving the depot. And within 2 hours the car began to run out of power; we were told it would last for 6-8 hours (the entire day). We were forced to return the car and asked for our money back, not trusting their equipment and by now despising their customer service. We were forced to wait another 45 minutes at the depot for someone to assist us. We spoke to staff, assistant managers, and the senior manager but to no avail—they refused to do anything for us. Then they made us wait another 35 minutes to get our security deposit back. We walked away having spent $220 for only two hours in the car and what is worse is that we wasted precious time in Key West on our vacation. This company should be avoided by all, awful people.
Beware of A&M Rentals (Key West, FL)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York city--best time to visit??
- 2 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 5 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 6 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 9 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 10 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 11 General Utah planning questions
- 12 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 Maui Luau?
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 18 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 19 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 20 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Boston area -- nature
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?