In April 2009 my wife and I and two other couples rented a 6-seater electric car from A&M Rentals (www.amscooterskeywest.com). Everyone (6-7 staff members) we came in contact with was rude and unresponsive. We were only in Key West for a few hours, having arrived on a Celebrity cruise. If we were not under a tight schedule, we would have walked away. Never the less, we went through with the rental. We had to wait for 45-50 minutes before they would “check us out” prior to leaving the depot. And within 2 hours the car began to run out of power; we were told it would last for 6-8 hours (the entire day). We were forced to return the car and asked for our money back, not trusting their equipment and by now despising their customer service. We were forced to wait another 45 minutes at the depot for someone to assist us. We spoke to staff, assistant managers, and the senior manager but to no avail—they refused to do anything for us. Then they made us wait another 35 minutes to get our security deposit back. We walked away having spent $220 for only two hours in the car and what is worse is that we wasted precious time in Key West on our vacation. This company should be avoided by all, awful people.
Beware of A&M Rentals (Key West, FL)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas