My husband and I are visiting the San Juan Islands in July 2011. We are planning to take an Orca Whale Watching tour and would like some feedback on which is the best. We are unfamiliar with this area and will be driving from Tacoma. The ferrys seem a bit confusing to me and I have also read that the ferry tickets should be bought well in advance, is this correct? Can a person take a ferry to all the islands or are there any bridges that connect them? We would also like info on a nice but reasonable place or places to stay. We can stay anywhere from 2-4 days. What islands are a must see and any other excursions that are a must. We are middle ages and looking for beauty and fun but nothing too crazy or dangerous. We love wildlife, history and good food. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Best Whale Watching Tour, San Juan Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?