My husband and I are visiting the San Juan Islands in July 2011. We are planning to take an Orca Whale Watching tour and would like some feedback on which is the best. We are unfamiliar with this area and will be driving from Tacoma. The ferrys seem a bit confusing to me and I have also read that the ferry tickets should be bought well in advance, is this correct? Can a person take a ferry to all the islands or are there any bridges that connect them? We would also like info on a nice but reasonable place or places to stay. We can stay anywhere from 2-4 days. What islands are a must see and any other excursions that are a must. We are middle ages and looking for beauty and fun but nothing too crazy or dangerous. We love wildlife, history and good food. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Best Whale Watching Tour, San Juan Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 2 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 3 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 5 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 21 Maui vacation
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 25 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour