My husband and I are visiting the San Juan Islands in July 2011. We are planning to take an Orca Whale Watching tour and would like some feedback on which is the best. We are unfamiliar with this area and will be driving from Tacoma. The ferrys seem a bit confusing to me and I have also read that the ferry tickets should be bought well in advance, is this correct? Can a person take a ferry to all the islands or are there any bridges that connect them? We would also like info on a nice but reasonable place or places to stay. We can stay anywhere from 2-4 days. What islands are a must see and any other excursions that are a must. We are middle ages and looking for beauty and fun but nothing too crazy or dangerous. We love wildlife, history and good food. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Best Whale Watching Tour, San Juan Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip
- 2 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 3 Hotels near beach orange county
- 4 Daytona Beach and ??
- 5 Yellowstone Dining
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 9 Savannah GA
- 10 Things to do around New York
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 15 Alaska- Best tours
- 16 Cape cod and Acadia
- 17 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 18 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 21 Coronado Ferry
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 First visit in New Mexico
- 24 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 25 Maine in latter half of September