My husband and I are visiting the San Juan Islands in July 2011. We are planning to take an Orca Whale Watching tour and would like some feedback on which is the best. We are unfamiliar with this area and will be driving from Tacoma. The ferrys seem a bit confusing to me and I have also read that the ferry tickets should be bought well in advance, is this correct? Can a person take a ferry to all the islands or are there any bridges that connect them? We would also like info on a nice but reasonable place or places to stay. We can stay anywhere from 2-4 days. What islands are a must see and any other excursions that are a must. We are middle ages and looking for beauty and fun but nothing too crazy or dangerous. We love wildlife, history and good food. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Best Whale Watching Tour, San Juan Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 Itinerary opinions
- 4 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 5 Calgary to Banff
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 9 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 14 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 15 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 16 Our perfect day in Key West
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 19 culpepper
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska
- 21 Pub with food in Seattle
- 22 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 23 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 24 An RV trip along the coast
- 25 NYC 1St Time