My husband and I are visiting the San Juan Islands in July 2011. We are planning to take an Orca Whale Watching tour and would like some feedback on which is the best. We are unfamiliar with this area and will be driving from Tacoma. The ferrys seem a bit confusing to me and I have also read that the ferry tickets should be bought well in advance, is this correct? Can a person take a ferry to all the islands or are there any bridges that connect them? We would also like info on a nice but reasonable place or places to stay. We can stay anywhere from 2-4 days. What islands are a must see and any other excursions that are a must. We are middle ages and looking for beauty and fun but nothing too crazy or dangerous. We love wildlife, history and good food. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Best Whale Watching Tour, San Juan Islands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 2 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 3 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 4 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 5 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 8 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 9 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 10 Chicago Questions
- 11 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 12 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 13 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 14 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 15 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 16 Is the New York subway safe?
- 17 Chicago eateries downtown
- 18 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 19 Where to from Tampa?
- 20 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 21 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 23 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 24 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 25 kuai and maui top 10 to see list