My sister and I are wanting to take a vacation in August. We live on the West Coast and want to go somewhere else, East Coast, South, Central, etc... but someplace with water. Any ideas? We will be traveling with my baby (8 months at that time). We probably won't have a car, so someplace that has beauty, nature, hiking or walking, some city life, restaurants, etc... would be great. Also, high humidity kills me, so somewhere that won't be horribly humid in August would be awesome. All suggestions would be great. We are also on a budget, so where the rich and famous play are probably not on our list. Thanks so much! Cindy.
Best Vacation Spot in August? Not on the West Coast.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 2 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 3 Moving from VA to CT
- 4 New Orleans pictures
- 5 New York City in April
- 6 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 7 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 8 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 9 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 10 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 11 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 14 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 15 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 18 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 19 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 20 Dining in Manhattan
- 21 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 22 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 23 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 24 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 25 san fran sightseeing