We will be making a trip to see friends around Harrisburg,PA the first week in August and plan to stop at Gettysburg and DC. We can either go directly to DC,arriving late Sunday,the 5th and spend 2 or 3 days in DC (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday) and then go on to the other places or reverse it and spend the later part of the week in DC,including the weekend of the 11th. The question is.....is it better to visit DC during the week or on the weekends? Hotel prices,crowds,etc. We will do the touristy things.....capitol,monuments,museums,etc. Just my wife,my 16 year old son and I.Thanks for all your help! Any other suggestions as to where to stay,etc.also appreciated as this is our first time to DC. My congressman's office will be helping as well.
Best time to visit DC....weekdays or weekends?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 2 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 3 Fall color yet?
- 4 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 5 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 6 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 7 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 8 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 9 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 10 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 11 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 12 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 13 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 14 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 15 Colorado aspen updates
- 16 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 Yosemite Lodging
- 19 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 20 Worst Restaurants in America
- 21 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 22 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 23 SFO International Airport
- 24 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 25 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee