We will be making a trip to see friends around Harrisburg,PA the first week in August and plan to stop at Gettysburg and DC. We can either go directly to DC,arriving late Sunday,the 5th and spend 2 or 3 days in DC (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday) and then go on to the other places or reverse it and spend the later part of the week in DC,including the weekend of the 11th. The question is.....is it better to visit DC during the week or on the weekends? Hotel prices,crowds,etc. We will do the touristy things.....capitol,monuments,museums,etc. Just my wife,my 16 year old son and I.Thanks for all your help! Any other suggestions as to where to stay,etc.also appreciated as this is our first time to DC. My congressman's office will be helping as well.
Best time to visit DC....weekdays or weekends?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 7 San Diego Little Italy
- 8 Key West Hotel in January
- 9 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 10 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 11 Healdsburg tips
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 16 los angeles restaurants
- 17 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 18 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 19 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 20 Calf trip
- 21 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 West Maui Restaurants
- 24 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 25 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014