We will be making a trip to see friends around Harrisburg,PA the first week in August and plan to stop at Gettysburg and DC. We can either go directly to DC,arriving late Sunday,the 5th and spend 2 or 3 days in DC (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday) and then go on to the other places or reverse it and spend the later part of the week in DC,including the weekend of the 11th. The question is.....is it better to visit DC during the week or on the weekends? Hotel prices,crowds,etc. We will do the touristy things.....capitol,monuments,museums,etc. Just my wife,my 16 year old son and I.Thanks for all your help! Any other suggestions as to where to stay,etc.also appreciated as this is our first time to DC. My congressman's office will be helping as well.
Best time to visit DC....weekdays or weekends?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 9 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 13 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 14 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 15 Alaska
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 San Diego parks and attractions
- 18 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 23 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 24 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 25 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa