We will be making a trip to see friends around Harrisburg,PA the first week in August and plan to stop at Gettysburg and DC. We can either go directly to DC,arriving late Sunday,the 5th and spend 2 or 3 days in DC (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday) and then go on to the other places or reverse it and spend the later part of the week in DC,including the weekend of the 11th. The question is.....is it better to visit DC during the week or on the weekends? Hotel prices,crowds,etc. We will do the touristy things.....capitol,monuments,museums,etc. Just my wife,my 16 year old son and I.Thanks for all your help! Any other suggestions as to where to stay,etc.also appreciated as this is our first time to DC. My congressman's office will be helping as well.
Best time to visit DC....weekdays or weekends?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 2 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 3 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 4 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 5 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 6 Theater Historians
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 9 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 10 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 11 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 12 Boston hotel & transportation
- 13 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 NBA tickets??
- 16 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 17 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 hilton capital
- 20 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 21 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Help me with creating a work of art
- 25 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions