We will be making a trip to see friends around Harrisburg,PA the first week in August and plan to stop at Gettysburg and DC. We can either go directly to DC,arriving late Sunday,the 5th and spend 2 or 3 days in DC (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday) and then go on to the other places or reverse it and spend the later part of the week in DC,including the weekend of the 11th. The question is.....is it better to visit DC during the week or on the weekends? Hotel prices,crowds,etc. We will do the touristy things.....capitol,monuments,museums,etc. Just my wife,my 16 year old son and I.Thanks for all your help! Any other suggestions as to where to stay,etc.also appreciated as this is our first time to DC. My congressman's office will be helping as well.
Best time to visit DC....weekdays or weekends?
View all United States activity »
- 1 hotel near Met NYC
- 2 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 3 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 4 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 5 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 9 Oahu Information
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 16 Hotel near Public Theater
- 17 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 23 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Key West on NYE