Once again we are lucky enough to visit your country..It being our third trip on Harley tourers. This time we are bringing 7 friends who have never been there and we would like to show them the beautiful rides that we have been on.
We are starting in Nashville on the 28 July 13( after a wedding @ Jack Daniels) and need to be in Sturgis by the 8 August. We want to ride the "tail of the dragon..we should then be able to get onto the Blue ridge highway which leads into Skyline drive??. We are wanting to spend 1 night along this ride, any recommendations would be appreciated. We are then going to Washington for 2 night 29 - 31(must stay dates) and head to New York for 2 nights 31 - 2 August ( still looking for hotels) From here we thought we could get to Niagara Falls in 1 day ( someone please correct me if wrong) as it is spectacular, stay 2 August, Do we stay an extra night in Niagara which will only give us 5 days to get to Sturgis then heading towards lake Michigan for the ferry ride to Milwaukee.,stay a night..then we are not sure which way to go , so suggestions please.
We leave Sturgis on the 11 Aug and need to be in San Diego on the 22 Aug( Wedding )We think we should be able to get to Cody in 1 day, we want to go over Beartooth pass to Redlodge where we want to head into Yellowstone, can we travel back to Yellowstone from Jackson Hole ( or closer ) or should we try for accommodation in the park. we then want to show Bryce Canyon & Zion heading towards Vegas( can we get to Grand Canyon before Vegas ???) or should we go to Lake Powell ( which is beautiful)been to all of these but did it from Los Angeles, so need the best directions to get them in. We then lose two friends on 22 August (flying home) Stay in San Diego till the 26 where we want to go to San Francisco along that beautiful Coastline stay a couple of nights and then back to Los Angeles to fly home on the 2 September.
BEST RIDES FROM NASHVILLE,NIAGARA,STURGIS FROM JULY 28 to 8 August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 Temecula< CA
- 3 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 4 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 5 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 8 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 9 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 10 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 14 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 15 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 Transportation help in Philly
- 18 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 19 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 20 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 21 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 22 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 23 Hilton Midtown New York
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?