I need your suggestions regarding the following itinerary. I understand that this is a rushed tour but I don't have much choice, so want to make best use of these 5 days n Alaska
Day 0 - reaching Anchorage late night, stay
Day 1. - Seward train and Kenai fords 6 hr tour. Is it worth taking the 9 hr trip?
Day 2 - leave early morning for Denali, do an afternoon bus tour (which one shud I take?) , stay at Fairbanks - hoping to catch some Northern Lights
Day 3 - full day Denali NP, which bus tour shud I take? stay at Fairbanks - hoping to catch some Northern Lights
Day 4 - do the best possible scenic route from Fairbanks to anchorage, if possible via Valdez
Day 5 - I only have time till Noon since my flight is at 2 PM, Wht shud I do? - flight seeing ??
I am deeply into photography and love driving so can manage long drives.
Also, can/shud I squeeze the Kenai peninsula drive to Homer by skipping anything else? Is there a way to go to Homer and drive back to Anchorage via a different route?
Since I will be traveling in the 1st week of Sep, which place wud be my best bet for "Fall colors" photography?
Please share some existing posts if that can be helpful as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safety Concerns
- 2 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 3 Trip to northern California
- 4 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 5 5 days in Colorado
- 6 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 7 Washington DC with kids
- 8 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 9 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 10 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 11 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 14 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 15 Sedona for a Month
- 16 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 17 Alaska -public transport
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 20 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 21 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 22 Southwest road trip
- 23 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter