I need your suggestions regarding the following itinerary. I understand that this is a rushed tour but I don't have much choice, so want to make best use of these 5 days n Alaska
Day 0 - reaching Anchorage late night, stay
Day 1. - Seward train and Kenai fords 6 hr tour. Is it worth taking the 9 hr trip?
Day 2 - leave early morning for Denali, do an afternoon bus tour (which one shud I take?) , stay at Fairbanks - hoping to catch some Northern Lights
Day 3 - full day Denali NP, which bus tour shud I take? stay at Fairbanks - hoping to catch some Northern Lights
Day 4 - do the best possible scenic route from Fairbanks to anchorage, if possible via Valdez
Day 5 - I only have time till Noon since my flight is at 2 PM, Wht shud I do? - flight seeing ??
I am deeply into photography and love driving so can manage long drives.
Also, can/shud I squeeze the Kenai peninsula drive to Homer by skipping anything else? Is there a way to go to Homer and drive back to Anchorage via a different route?
Since I will be traveling in the 1st week of Sep, which place wud be my best bet for "Fall colors" photography?
Please share some existing posts if that can be helpful as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawk's
- 2 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 3 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 4 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 5 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 6 Another question about hawaii
- 7 BYOB in New York City
- 8 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 9 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 10 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 11 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 12 Travel from Juneau to Sitka or Skagway
- 13 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 14 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 15 Key West, FL
- 16 Mauna Kea with Children?
- 17 2 day trip covering Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon starting from Phoenix
- 18 Broadway show tickets
- 19 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 20 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 21 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 22 Hiking and biking hotel options
- 23 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 24 Chicago Cab
- 25 Restaurants in DC