We will be visiting California in July next Year and plan to spend a week in San Diego and a week by the beach in the L.A area(thinking santa monica, laguna or newport). We are planning on renting a house/condo. Where are the best places to stay and are there any places to avoid? There will be 8 of us, ranging in age from 15 to 60. We want somewhere close to the beach and an area where its safe to walk about.
best places to stay in San Diego and L.A
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 4 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 5 Hotel near Miami airport
- 6 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 7 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 8 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 9 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 14 Philly
- 15 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 16 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 17 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 20 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 21 Pub with food in Seattle
- 22 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 23 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 24 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 25 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)