Hi everyone. We live on the east coast of South Florida and would like to spend a few days on the west coast around Christmas so we want to book now. We are thinking Sanibel/Captiva but the reviews of some of the places (South Seas, 'Tween Waters, Seaside Inn) are very mixed. We want something on the beach with great shelling for the kids in a nice, updated, clean and casual hotel. Last time we went to Sanibel (2 years ago) we stayed at the Sundial. It wasn't a great experience and the island was still pretty beat up from the hurricane. But I have heard things have gotten better and you just can't beat those beaches! We have been to Marco Island and we are going to the Ritz in Naples in a few weeks so we are looking for something different for December. Any ideas????
Best Place to Stay on Florida West Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 14 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 15 Denver in a half day
- 16 First family ski trip
- 17 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 18 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 19 Oahu ideas
- 20 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 West Coast Bound End of March
- 24 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 25 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.