Hi everyone. We live on the east coast of South Florida and would like to spend a few days on the west coast around Christmas so we want to book now. We are thinking Sanibel/Captiva but the reviews of some of the places (South Seas, 'Tween Waters, Seaside Inn) are very mixed. We want something on the beach with great shelling for the kids in a nice, updated, clean and casual hotel. Last time we went to Sanibel (2 years ago) we stayed at the Sundial. It wasn't a great experience and the island was still pretty beat up from the hurricane. But I have heard things have gotten better and you just can't beat those beaches! We have been to Marco Island and we are going to the Ritz in Naples in a few weeks so we are looking for something different for December. Any ideas????
Best Place to Stay on Florida West Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast