Hi everyone. We live on the east coast of South Florida and would like to spend a few days on the west coast around Christmas so we want to book now. We are thinking Sanibel/Captiva but the reviews of some of the places (South Seas, 'Tween Waters, Seaside Inn) are very mixed. We want something on the beach with great shelling for the kids in a nice, updated, clean and casual hotel. Last time we went to Sanibel (2 years ago) we stayed at the Sundial. It wasn't a great experience and the island was still pretty beat up from the hurricane. But I have heard things have gotten better and you just can't beat those beaches! We have been to Marco Island and we are going to the Ritz in Naples in a few weeks so we are looking for something different for December. Any ideas????
Best Place to Stay on Florida West Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sacramento: 2 days, best use of that time?
- 2 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 3 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 4 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 5 A trip from Pensacola to Miami
- 6 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 7 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 8 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 9 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 10 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 11 Las Vegas, GC, Page, Bryce, Zion - August with teens - advice welcome
- 12 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 13 Boston to see Sargent works
- 14 Trip report, Part 4 - Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce, Vegas, Jan 2015
- 15 New York City - apartment locations
- 16 Utah 2
- 17 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 18 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 19 Tudor city -special help/info
- 20 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 21 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 22 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 23 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 24 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 25 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce