I have enjoyed reading all the wise and helpful posters (and the unwise!) on this site and now have my own question.
We are heading to California on 29 Dec for two weeks. We are a family of five from Oz with kids aged 9,11, and 13.
Our plan is to spend the first day or two at Disneyland to keep the kids active and then head to San Diego for a few days.
We are then going to fly up to San Francisco and drive back down to LA for our flight home on 13Jan.
So my main question is .... what do you think would be our best option for a memorable New Years Eve in California? Our itinerary can be adjusted if need be, so we don't have to be in Anaheim. As we are going to fly up to San Fran anyway I am happy to change our itinerary for the right location.
We were considering either spending NYE at Disneyland or Legoland, which we assume will both be very crowded.
But does anyone have any alternative suggestions that we should consider?
Our holiday will consist of theme parks, zoos, museums, shopping and sightseeing. I'm not opposed to any ideas if they are memorable - I love it when my kids get to experience new things!
We would love to experience middle America if there is a fair on or some other similar event for NYE close by. My wife and I fell in love with San Luis Obispo on a previous trip so we are keen to get out of the crowded city and see similar sized places.
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 2 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 3 Charleston and Savannah
- 4 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 5 Tranquility Bay or Cheeca Lodge?
- 6 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 7 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 8 Franklin, TN
- 9 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 10 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 11 6 week West USA Family driving trip
- 12 Advise on trip
- 13 Best time to visit alaska
- 14 help getting through mobile, al
- 15 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 16 Hawaii, Big Island, Luau
- 17 Bar Harbor/Acadia NP
- 18 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 19 Moab UT Accommendations
- 20 Pearl Harbor no bag policy
- 21 NJ to Florida drive
- 22 DC Metro Closures
- 23 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 24 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 25 Grade 12 subjects