I have enjoyed reading all the wise and helpful posters (and the unwise!) on this site and now have my own question.
We are heading to California on 29 Dec for two weeks. We are a family of five from Oz with kids aged 9,11, and 13.
Our plan is to spend the first day or two at Disneyland to keep the kids active and then head to San Diego for a few days.
We are then going to fly up to San Francisco and drive back down to LA for our flight home on 13Jan.
So my main question is .... what do you think would be our best option for a memorable New Years Eve in California? Our itinerary can be adjusted if need be, so we don't have to be in Anaheim. As we are going to fly up to San Fran anyway I am happy to change our itinerary for the right location.
We were considering either spending NYE at Disneyland or Legoland, which we assume will both be very crowded.
But does anyone have any alternative suggestions that we should consider?
Our holiday will consist of theme parks, zoos, museums, shopping and sightseeing. I'm not opposed to any ideas if they are memorable - I love it when my kids get to experience new things!
We would love to experience middle America if there is a fair on or some other similar event for NYE close by. My wife and I fell in love with San Luis Obispo on a previous trip so we are keen to get out of the crowded city and see similar sized places.
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 2 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 3 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 6 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 7 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 8 south west family trip itinerary
- 9 Relocating to the Deep South
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 12 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 13 wasting time around JFK
- 14 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 15 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 16 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 17 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 18 SF Restaurant
- 19 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 20 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 21 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 22 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 23 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC