I have enjoyed reading all the wise and helpful posters (and the unwise!) on this site and now have my own question.
We are heading to California on 29 Dec for two weeks. We are a family of five from Oz with kids aged 9,11, and 13.
Our plan is to spend the first day or two at Disneyland to keep the kids active and then head to San Diego for a few days.
We are then going to fly up to San Francisco and drive back down to LA for our flight home on 13Jan.
So my main question is .... what do you think would be our best option for a memorable New Years Eve in California? Our itinerary can be adjusted if need be, so we don't have to be in Anaheim. As we are going to fly up to San Fran anyway I am happy to change our itinerary for the right location.
We were considering either spending NYE at Disneyland or Legoland, which we assume will both be very crowded.
But does anyone have any alternative suggestions that we should consider?
Our holiday will consist of theme parks, zoos, museums, shopping and sightseeing. I'm not opposed to any ideas if they are memorable - I love it when my kids get to experience new things!
We would love to experience middle America if there is a fair on or some other similar event for NYE close by. My wife and I fell in love with San Luis Obispo on a previous trip so we are keen to get out of the crowded city and see similar sized places.
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 2 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 3 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 4 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 5 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 6 DC restaurant report
- 7 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 8 national park during thanksgiving
- 9 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 10 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 11 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
- 12 December trip to see snow
- 13 Northern California Redwoods
- 14 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 15 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 16 Visiting for a conference - where to stay (near stadiums) and sightseeing?
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 19 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 20 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 21 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 22 S/F Yosemite Trip next August
- 23 Key West
- 24 Baltimore restaurant rant
- 25 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot