I have enjoyed reading all the wise and helpful posters (and the unwise!) on this site and now have my own question.
We are heading to California on 29 Dec for two weeks. We are a family of five from Oz with kids aged 9,11, and 13.
Our plan is to spend the first day or two at Disneyland to keep the kids active and then head to San Diego for a few days.
We are then going to fly up to San Francisco and drive back down to LA for our flight home on 13Jan.
So my main question is .... what do you think would be our best option for a memorable New Years Eve in California? Our itinerary can be adjusted if need be, so we don't have to be in Anaheim. As we are going to fly up to San Fran anyway I am happy to change our itinerary for the right location.
We were considering either spending NYE at Disneyland or Legoland, which we assume will both be very crowded.
But does anyone have any alternative suggestions that we should consider?
Our holiday will consist of theme parks, zoos, museums, shopping and sightseeing. I'm not opposed to any ideas if they are memorable - I love it when my kids get to experience new things!
We would love to experience middle America if there is a fair on or some other similar event for NYE close by. My wife and I fell in love with San Luis Obispo on a previous trip so we are keen to get out of the crowded city and see similar sized places.
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 2 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 3 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 4 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 5 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 6 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 7 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 8 Florida beach vacation
- 9 Trip to USA in July
- 10 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 11 Beaches in Incline Village
- 12 Change planes in Atlanta
- 13 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 14 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 15 Key West luxury hotels
- 16 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 17 Coffee in Boston?
- 18 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 19 Florida vacation
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 a short trip to san francisco
- 22 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 25 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!