Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 2 culpepper
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 5 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 6 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 7 moving to florida
- 8 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 9 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 12 Hotel near Miami airport
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 16 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 17 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 18 Mesa Verde
- 19 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 20 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 21 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 22 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 23 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 24 Chicago trip
- 25 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?