Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 3 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 10 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 17 WISCONSIN
- 18 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 19 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 23 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown