Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 4 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 5 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 6 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 7 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 8 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Hilton Midtown New York
- 13 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 14 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 15 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 16 new york plays
- 17 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Round trip from Chicago
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Panama City beach or other suggestion