Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 2 What's new on Maui?
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 5 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 6 Colorado aspen updates
- 7 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 8 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 9 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 10 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Christmas in TX
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 14 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 15 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Refining my California Itinerary
- 20 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 21 Getaway
- 22 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 23 Moving to New Jersey
- 24 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 25 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route