Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 10 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.