Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska railroad?
- 2 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 3 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 4 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 5 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Calgary to Banff
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 13 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 14 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 15 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 16 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 17 Our perfect day in Key West
- 18 moving to florida
- 19 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 20 culpepper
- 21 2 weeks in Alaska
- 22 Pub with food in Seattle
- 23 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 24 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 25 An RV trip along the coast