Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 2 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 3 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 6 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 7 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 8 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 9 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 10 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 11 10 day trip
- 12 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 13 Utah restaurants
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 15 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 16 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 17 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 18 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 19 Venice tourist travel pass
- 20 Crossville, TN in March
- 21 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 24 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 25 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI