Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 3 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 7 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 8 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 9 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 10 los angeles restaurants
- 11 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 12 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 13 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 14 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 15 Calf trip
- 16 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 17 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 18 West Maui Restaurants
- 19 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 20 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 21 Key West Hotel in January
- 22 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around