Planning a family vacation for 5 days in Colorado for Spring Break and would like to know the best area where we could expect cold temps and hopefully at least snow still on the ground the week of March 9-13, 2014. Have looked into Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park) area as well as Durango area. Our requirements are a condo or cabin with a mountain view, abundant wildlife viewing, hiking and snowshoeing opportunities. Not really going to snow-ski, so haven't concentrated on any ski resort areas. Pond hockey skating opportunities for my son would be a plus! We will be flying in from DFW.
Best Place in Colorado for Hiking, Snowshoeing & Wildlife in March
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 2 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 3 Moving to New Jersey
- 4 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 5 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 6 Maui itinerary
- 7 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 8 West Coast Road Trip
- 9 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 10 Car Needed in Austin?
- 11 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 12 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 13 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 New Orleans Weekend
- 15 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 16 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 17 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 18 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 19 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 20 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 21 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 22 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 25 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!