My husband and I (37 & 33 years old) are going on a three week vacation to New Mexico, Utah and Colorado in June and we’d like to include a half day white water rafting trip in our itinerary. I’ve never rafted before, my husband has been on one or two trips in Europe (but this was over 15 years ago). What would be our best option: Moab, Taos or Durango? Or maybe even Grand Junction or the Rocky Mountain National Park/Denver area? Especially considering the apparently very low spring runoff in the rivers from the mountains this year. Being practically first-timers, we’re obviously not looking for grade VI rapids, but some action would be nice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and we’re obviously also interested to hear which outfitters you’d recommend!
Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Apartment For Rent in Philadelphia
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Warm and don't Drive
- 4 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 5 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 6 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 7 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 8 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 11 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 16 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 17 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 18 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 21 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 22 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 25 Madison Square Garden