My husband and I (37 & 33 years old) are going on a three week vacation to New Mexico, Utah and Colorado in June and we’d like to include a half day white water rafting trip in our itinerary. I’ve never rafted before, my husband has been on one or two trips in Europe (but this was over 15 years ago). What would be our best option: Moab, Taos or Durango? Or maybe even Grand Junction or the Rocky Mountain National Park/Denver area? Especially considering the apparently very low spring runoff in the rivers from the mountains this year. Being practically first-timers, we’re obviously not looking for grade VI rapids, but some action would be nice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and we’re obviously also interested to hear which outfitters you’d recommend!
Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 2 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 3 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Wedding venue in NH
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 NYC theatre broadway
- 18 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Alaska
- 21 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 22 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 23 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 24 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?