My husband and I (37 & 33 years old) are going on a three week vacation to New Mexico, Utah and Colorado in June and we’d like to include a half day white water rafting trip in our itinerary. I’ve never rafted before, my husband has been on one or two trips in Europe (but this was over 15 years ago). What would be our best option: Moab, Taos or Durango? Or maybe even Grand Junction or the Rocky Mountain National Park/Denver area? Especially considering the apparently very low spring runoff in the rivers from the mountains this year. Being practically first-timers, we’re obviously not looking for grade VI rapids, but some action would be nice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and we’re obviously also interested to hear which outfitters you’d recommend!
Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 6 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 21 Maui vacation
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 25 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour