Hiya, hope you can help
We are a family of 3...mum, dad and 6year old girl, who have never ever skied before.
We wish to travel from UK to USA and have a family ski holiday. So far the advice on the best place to go is confusing, but possibly down to 2 destinations.
We would wish to go around christmas/new year. We would like the slopes to be as quite or as spacious as possible - no yahoo's, but understand that the time of the year will make all the slopes fairly hectic.
We enjoy staying in hotels as it seems to be more of an 'event', so we would like somewhere that has good hotels with nice sized rooms.
Having never skied before, obviously we would like somewhere with excellent ski-schools and somewhere where our little girl will be able to learn AND enjoy her lessons.
Ideally we would also like somewhere where we could go shopping, should skiing not be our thing. Also, evening entertainment for families is a must - no 24hr nightclubs please.
Food wise we actually prefer cheap and cheerful...burgers, chips, ice creams etc
The 2 aforementioned possibilities seem to be Deer Valley or Beaver Creek...anyone any ideas as to which is best for novice families? Should there be better places for us to consider then please, by all means, your thoughts would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 2 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 3 Florida Beach Hotel
- 4 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 5 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 6 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 7 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Hamilton Broadway
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 12 Washington DC with kids
- 13 My road trip through southern US.
- 14 Late night eating in Kauai
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 Florida Nature Trip
- 17 help from a true New Yorker.
- 18 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 19 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
Hiya, hope you can help