Hiya, hope you can help
We are a family of 3...mum, dad and 6year old girl, who have never ever skied before.
We wish to travel from UK to USA and have a family ski holiday. So far the advice on the best place to go is confusing, but possibly down to 2 destinations.
We would wish to go around christmas/new year. We would like the slopes to be as quite or as spacious as possible - no yahoo's, but understand that the time of the year will make all the slopes fairly hectic.
We enjoy staying in hotels as it seems to be more of an 'event', so we would like somewhere that has good hotels with nice sized rooms.
Having never skied before, obviously we would like somewhere with excellent ski-schools and somewhere where our little girl will be able to learn AND enjoy her lessons.
Ideally we would also like somewhere where we could go shopping, should skiing not be our thing. Also, evening entertainment for families is a must - no 24hr nightclubs please.
Food wise we actually prefer cheap and cheerful...burgers, chips, ice creams etc
The 2 aforementioned possibilities seem to be Deer Valley or Beaver Creek...anyone any ideas as to which is best for novice families? Should there be better places for us to consider then please, by all means, your thoughts would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 3 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 4 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 JFK to Washington
- 7 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 8 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 9 Where to live in the North East
- 10 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 11 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 12 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 15 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 16 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 17 Houston during hurricane
- 18 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 19 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 20 Phoenix for the weekend
- 21 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 22 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 23 Christmas in Colorado
- 24 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 25 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
Hiya, hope you can help