Hiya, hope you can help
We are a family of 3...mum, dad and 6year old girl, who have never ever skied before.
We wish to travel from UK to USA and have a family ski holiday. So far the advice on the best place to go is confusing, but possibly down to 2 destinations.
We would wish to go around christmas/new year. We would like the slopes to be as quite or as spacious as possible - no yahoo's, but understand that the time of the year will make all the slopes fairly hectic.
We enjoy staying in hotels as it seems to be more of an 'event', so we would like somewhere that has good hotels with nice sized rooms.
Having never skied before, obviously we would like somewhere with excellent ski-schools and somewhere where our little girl will be able to learn AND enjoy her lessons.
Ideally we would also like somewhere where we could go shopping, should skiing not be our thing. Also, evening entertainment for families is a must - no 24hr nightclubs please.
Food wise we actually prefer cheap and cheerful...burgers, chips, ice creams etc
The 2 aforementioned possibilities seem to be Deer Valley or Beaver Creek...anyone any ideas as to which is best for novice families? Should there be better places for us to consider then please, by all means, your thoughts would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 3 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 4 Northern California Gardens.
- 5 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 6 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 7 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 8 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 11 Florida with a 2 year old
- 12 Train from east cost to west coast
- 13 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 14 Route 66
- 15 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 16 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 17 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 18 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 19 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 20 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 21 Arches or Zion?
- 22 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 23 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 24 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 25 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
Hiya, hope you can help