Hiya, hope you can help
We are a family of 3...mum, dad and 6year old girl, who have never ever skied before.
We wish to travel from UK to USA and have a family ski holiday. So far the advice on the best place to go is confusing, but possibly down to 2 destinations.
We would wish to go around christmas/new year. We would like the slopes to be as quite or as spacious as possible - no yahoo's, but understand that the time of the year will make all the slopes fairly hectic.
We enjoy staying in hotels as it seems to be more of an 'event', so we would like somewhere that has good hotels with nice sized rooms.
Having never skied before, obviously we would like somewhere with excellent ski-schools and somewhere where our little girl will be able to learn AND enjoy her lessons.
Ideally we would also like somewhere where we could go shopping, should skiing not be our thing. Also, evening entertainment for families is a must - no 24hr nightclubs please.
Food wise we actually prefer cheap and cheerful...burgers, chips, ice creams etc
The 2 aforementioned possibilities seem to be Deer Valley or Beaver Creek...anyone any ideas as to which is best for novice families? Should there be better places for us to consider then please, by all means, your thoughts would be welcome.
Best place for novice family
Hiya, hope you can help
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 5 Native American Tours/Tour Guides
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 9 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 10 Help with NYC transit
- 11 Boston Area College Tour
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 Door County
- 14 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 15 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 16 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 17 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 18 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 19 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 20 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 21 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 22 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 23 Using public transit in San Diego
- 24 Williamsburg VA
- 25 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks