Hiya, hope you can help
We are a family of 3...mum, dad and 6year old girl, who have never ever skied before.
We wish to travel from UK to USA and have a family ski holiday. So far the advice on the best place to go is confusing, but possibly down to 2 destinations.
We would wish to go around christmas/new year. We would like the slopes to be as quite or as spacious as possible - no yahoo's, but understand that the time of the year will make all the slopes fairly hectic.
We enjoy staying in hotels as it seems to be more of an 'event', so we would like somewhere that has good hotels with nice sized rooms.
Having never skied before, obviously we would like somewhere with excellent ski-schools and somewhere where our little girl will be able to learn AND enjoy her lessons.
Ideally we would also like somewhere where we could go shopping, should skiing not be our thing. Also, evening entertainment for families is a must - no 24hr nightclubs please.
Food wise we actually prefer cheap and cheerful...burgers, chips, ice creams etc
The 2 aforementioned possibilities seem to be Deer Valley or Beaver Creek...anyone any ideas as to which is best for novice families? Should there be better places for us to consider then please, by all means, your thoughts would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 2 Monument Valley
- 3 http://www.theperfectgarcinia.com/purple-rhino-male-enhancement/
- 4 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 5 http://www.thecrazymass.com/testo-vital/
- 6 Proshred Elite Limit weight-lifting sessions to one hour
- 7 Prostacet Helps You To Reduce Evening Time Pee Affinities.
- 8 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 9 http://gomusclebuilding.com/actbiotics-review/
- 10 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 11 driving RT 66
- 12 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 13 once in a lifetime
- 14 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 15 North California/South Oregon
- 16 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 17 Hotels Houston
- 18 Acadia National Park
- 19 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 20 Birthday vacation ideas
- 21 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 22 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 23 Long Weekend in Denver
- 24 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 25 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
Hiya, hope you can help