My husband and I are heading up to Marthas Vineyard next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Research reveals we will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of eating
We like to hike and our focus for this trip is on the outdoors! My question is in regard to the many parks, sanctuaries, preserves, etc on the island. All of the trails seem really awesome but we wont have time to experience all of them (only there for 3 ½ days). I am hoping someone is familiar enough with the trails to provide some feedback as to which, in your opinion, are the best of the best. We like both strenuous and leisurely hikes and we think the coolest hikes are those that incorporate various ecosystems.
Also, I was kind of excited to head over to Chappaquiddick for one of our 3 days (for more trails)-do you think this is wise or do you think our days are better spent on MV? In an earlier post another user did suggest we head over to Chappaquiddick, however, I hadnt mentioned that wed only be in MV for 3 days...
Thank you SO much for any feedback youre able to provide! I may bump this message a few times over the next week or so before I leave as Im so eager to get your suggestions-thanks in advance for your patience!
Have a pleasant evening!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 2 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 3 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 4 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 5 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Trail Ridge Road info please
- 8 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 9 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 10 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 11 New Orleans and Slidell
- 12 Pacific coast road trip
- 13 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 14 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 15 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 16 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 17 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 18 Back From Alaska
- 19 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 20 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 21 Two days out of Seattle
- 22 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 23 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 24 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 25 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
Best Of The Best: Trails On Martha's Vineyard? Im In Serious Need Of Some Suggestions!