My husband and I are heading up to Marthas Vineyard next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Research reveals we will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of eating
We like to hike and our focus for this trip is on the outdoors! My question is in regard to the many parks, sanctuaries, preserves, etc on the island. All of the trails seem really awesome but we wont have time to experience all of them (only there for 3 ½ days). I am hoping someone is familiar enough with the trails to provide some feedback as to which, in your opinion, are the best of the best. We like both strenuous and leisurely hikes and we think the coolest hikes are those that incorporate various ecosystems.
Also, I was kind of excited to head over to Chappaquiddick for one of our 3 days (for more trails)-do you think this is wise or do you think our days are better spent on MV? In an earlier post another user did suggest we head over to Chappaquiddick, however, I hadnt mentioned that wed only be in MV for 3 days...
Thank you SO much for any feedback youre able to provide! I may bump this message a few times over the next week or so before I leave as Im so eager to get your suggestions-thanks in advance for your patience!
Have a pleasant evening!
Best Of The Best: Trails On Martha's Vineyard? Im In Serious Need Of Some Suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 2 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Things to do in La Jolla
- 5 family road trip
- 6 Alaska Trip Planning
- 7 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 8 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 9 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 10 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 11 Kid School Admission
- 12 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 13 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 14 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 New York City-New Things?
- 18 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 19 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 20 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 21 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 22 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 23 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday