My husband and I are heading up to Marthas Vineyard next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Research reveals we will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of eating
We like to hike and our focus for this trip is on the outdoors! My question is in regard to the many parks, sanctuaries, preserves, etc on the island. All of the trails seem really awesome but we wont have time to experience all of them (only there for 3 ½ days). I am hoping someone is familiar enough with the trails to provide some feedback as to which, in your opinion, are the best of the best. We like both strenuous and leisurely hikes and we think the coolest hikes are those that incorporate various ecosystems.
Also, I was kind of excited to head over to Chappaquiddick for one of our 3 days (for more trails)-do you think this is wise or do you think our days are better spent on MV? In an earlier post another user did suggest we head over to Chappaquiddick, however, I hadnt mentioned that wed only be in MV for 3 days...
Thank you SO much for any feedback youre able to provide! I may bump this message a few times over the next week or so before I leave as Im so eager to get your suggestions-thanks in advance for your patience!
Have a pleasant evening!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from and back to New York
- 2 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 3 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 4 Berkshires with a toddler
- 5 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 6 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 7 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 8 hilicopter tour oahu
- 9 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 10 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 11 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 12 Best way to see Oahu
- 13 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 14 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 15 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 16 CA coast road trip with kids
- 17 Vegas/California May 2016
- 18 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 19 Minnesota to Colorado
- 20 Pittsburgh Trip
- 21 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 22 Summer 2016 Group Vacation with young kids
- 23 Best centrally located hotel to see Santa Monica and Universal Studios?
- 24 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 25 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
Best Of The Best: Trails On Martha's Vineyard? Im In Serious Need Of Some Suggestions!