My husband and I are heading up to Marthas Vineyard next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Research reveals we will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of eating
We like to hike and our focus for this trip is on the outdoors! My question is in regard to the many parks, sanctuaries, preserves, etc on the island. All of the trails seem really awesome but we wont have time to experience all of them (only there for 3 ½ days). I am hoping someone is familiar enough with the trails to provide some feedback as to which, in your opinion, are the best of the best. We like both strenuous and leisurely hikes and we think the coolest hikes are those that incorporate various ecosystems.
Also, I was kind of excited to head over to Chappaquiddick for one of our 3 days (for more trails)-do you think this is wise or do you think our days are better spent on MV? In an earlier post another user did suggest we head over to Chappaquiddick, however, I hadnt mentioned that wed only be in MV for 3 days...
Thank you SO much for any feedback youre able to provide! I may bump this message a few times over the next week or so before I leave as Im so eager to get your suggestions-thanks in advance for your patience!
Have a pleasant evening!
Best Of The Best: Trails On Martha's Vineyard? Im In Serious Need Of Some Suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling with friends? Sharing your wallet?
- 2 Help! Lost/Stolen Wallet On Vacation -- How Can We Get Home??
- 3 New York City Fashionistas...hot handbags? No flames PLEASE!
- 4 So you love handbags!
- 5 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 6 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 7 replica designer handbags
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 10 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 11 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 12 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 13 Re-Visit DC
- 14 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 15 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 16 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 17 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 18 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 19 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 22 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 23 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 24 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel