My husband and I are heading up to Marthas Vineyard next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Research reveals we will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of eating
We like to hike and our focus for this trip is on the outdoors! My question is in regard to the many parks, sanctuaries, preserves, etc on the island. All of the trails seem really awesome but we wont have time to experience all of them (only there for 3 ½ days). I am hoping someone is familiar enough with the trails to provide some feedback as to which, in your opinion, are the best of the best. We like both strenuous and leisurely hikes and we think the coolest hikes are those that incorporate various ecosystems.
Also, I was kind of excited to head over to Chappaquiddick for one of our 3 days (for more trails)-do you think this is wise or do you think our days are better spent on MV? In an earlier post another user did suggest we head over to Chappaquiddick, however, I hadnt mentioned that wed only be in MV for 3 days...
Thank you SO much for any feedback youre able to provide! I may bump this message a few times over the next week or so before I leave as Im so eager to get your suggestions-thanks in advance for your patience!
Have a pleasant evening!
Best Of The Best: Trails On Martha's Vineyard? Im In Serious Need Of Some Suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 4 After New Orleans, now where? ideas for 4 days to spare after N.O.?
- 5 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 6 One day in Key West,should I take the plane to Dry Tortugas?
- 7 Philadelphia Mommy-Daughter (4-year old) Trip
- 8 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 9 Backpacking in April
- 10 Vegas-Show Recommendations
- 11 A month i USA - where to go and for how long?
- 12 Big Sur?
- 13 NYC Theatre Seating Opinions: Waiting for Godot
- 14 Denver Itinerary - 3 nights, 4 days
- 15 Public Transportation in Chicago with kids?
- 16 NYC play advice needed
- 17 Restaurant Week 2/17-3/7 in NYC
- 18 San Francisco this sunday - photo ops, places to go by car?
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Whale watching in July
- 21 Driving time from Santa Cruz to San Simeon
- 22 East Coast messy driving Sunday and Monday March 16 and 17
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 Sunday Brunch Southern California
- 25 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental