My husband and I are heading up to Marthas Vineyard next week to celebrate our wedding anniversary! Research reveals we will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of eating
We like to hike and our focus for this trip is on the outdoors! My question is in regard to the many parks, sanctuaries, preserves, etc on the island. All of the trails seem really awesome but we wont have time to experience all of them (only there for 3 ½ days). I am hoping someone is familiar enough with the trails to provide some feedback as to which, in your opinion, are the best of the best. We like both strenuous and leisurely hikes and we think the coolest hikes are those that incorporate various ecosystems.
Also, I was kind of excited to head over to Chappaquiddick for one of our 3 days (for more trails)-do you think this is wise or do you think our days are better spent on MV? In an earlier post another user did suggest we head over to Chappaquiddick, however, I hadnt mentioned that wed only be in MV for 3 days...
Thank you SO much for any feedback youre able to provide! I may bump this message a few times over the next week or so before I leave as Im so eager to get your suggestions-thanks in advance for your patience!
Have a pleasant evening!
Best Of The Best: Trails On Martha's Vineyard? Im In Serious Need Of Some Suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 Dinner in Miami
- 3 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 6 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 7 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 8 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 9 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 10 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 13 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 14 Tipping advice
- 15 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 16 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 18 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 19 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 20 Christmas weather?
- 21 Big island itinerary
- 22 New York City and New England
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 25 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?