I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Mesa Verde
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 7 Seattle Hyatts
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 10 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 11 San Diego - wher to stay
- 12 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 13 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 14 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 15 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 16 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 17 Berkshires in late October
- 18 2 day in Adirondack park
- 19 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 20 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 21 NYC Clubs for live music
- 22 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 23 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 24 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 25 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL