I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 los angeles restaurants
- 3 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 West Maui Restaurants
- 6 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 7 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 8 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 12 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 17 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 18 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 19 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 San Diego Little Italy
- 22 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?