I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 2 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 5 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 6 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 7 Denver 1 day in denver
- 8 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 9 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 10 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 11 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 12 Burlington VT day trip
- 13 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 14 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 23 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 24 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?
- 25 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?