I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 2 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 3 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 4 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 5 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 8 Balloon fest hotels
- 9 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 10 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 11 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 12 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 17 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 18 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 19 New York Trip
- 20 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 23 palm desert, CA
- 24 late-night DC restaurant
- 25 Philadelphia ?