I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
- 1 Cape Ann area
- 2 Kauai golf
- 3 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 4 stay near newark or nyc
- 5 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 6 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 7 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 8 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 9 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 10 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 11 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 12 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 13 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 14 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 15 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 16 Minneapolis Hotel
- 17 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 18 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 19 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 20 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 21 Washington Wineries
- 22 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 23 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 24 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 25 Seward to Anchorage