I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 hotel near Met NYC
- 2 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 3 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 4 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 5 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 9 Oahu Information
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 16 Hotel near Public Theater
- 17 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 23 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Key West on NYE