I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 2 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 3 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 4 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Door County Suggestions
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 12 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 13 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 18 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 21 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions