I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
- 1 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 2 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 3 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 4 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 5 Baseball Road Trip
- 6 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 7 D.C. in a day
- 8 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 11 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 12 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 13 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 14 Using public transit in San Diego
- 15 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 16 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 19 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 20 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 21 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 22 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 23 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando