I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 2 St. Augustine, Florida
- 3 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 6 Fripp island
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 10 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 11 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 12 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 13 Where should I move to?
- 14 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 17 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 18 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Oahu Information