I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 8 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Denver in a half day
- 22 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 23 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 24 Oahu ideas
- 25 Grand Circle & Wyoming