I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 3 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 4 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 5 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 Vero Beach FL
- 21 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn