I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 15 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 16 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 17 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 18 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 22 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 23 Maui vacation
- 24 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 25 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants