I'm planning a short trip, 2-3 days to NYC for my daughter's birthday. The plan is to see a Broadway show and maybe a backstage tour of the Met. Not necessarily interested in staying in Times Square area. We won't be there long enough to do all the touristy stuff so when we're not at the show I thought we could hang out and blend with the locals. My daughter wants to work in theater (set design) so I think she would prefer to hang out in an area with students and theater types. BTW this will be our first trip to NYC. What are your neighborhood recommendations?
Best NYC Neighborhoods for a Short Trip
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Red Leather Sofa
- 3 build a nice website
- 4 Albuquerque to Denver
- 5 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 6 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 7 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 8 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 9 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 12 Williamsburg VA
- 13 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 14 A Visit to Charleston
- 15 Restos in Boca Raton
- 16 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 17 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 18 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 19 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 20 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 21 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 22 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 23 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 24 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 25 Help with NYC transit