My extended family and I (6 adults and 4 kids, ages 4, 4, 5 & 9) are looking to rent a house in a beach town somewhere on the New England coast in late June of 2013. We were thinking Cape Cod, NH or lower ME (below Portland). We are ruling out Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. Any suggestions on what towns to look into? We'd like a town with lots of good restaurants and with chances to spot marine life. The quainter, the better. Boutique shopping in the area would be a plus too. We realize the water will be freezing.
Best New England beach town for families?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 California & French Polynesia
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 9 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 10 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 11 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 12 St Patrick's renovations
- 13 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 14 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 From Seattle airport to the city
- 20 General Utah planning questions
- 21 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 22 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 23 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 New York City Christmas Trip